Chapter 74: Forgiveness

Ciel's POV

An all consuming darkness fills my vision. A black emptiness enveloping me in a never ending abyss of nothingness.

Yet, just like the blindfold on the night we first grew so much more intimate. I have never felt safer.

"Sebastian, what colour are my eyes?"

"As red as mine, my love." My fingers fumble along his face, feeling it's ridges. It's every curve.

"Do I look different?"

"As gorgeous as ever. I told you that you were perfect enough to stay the same when you turn into a demon." My fingers dance atop his nose, and slide down to his lips running my fingers along their pillowed surfaces. Until I lean forward, allowing myself the pressure of his kiss, only to feel a tingle set ablaze on my lips.

It's only as his hand brushes my cheek that I find a heightened sense of touch. His warmth radiating within me.

And needless to say I may have moaned a little too loud for comfort. Causing his lips to leave mine.

God I wish I could see that face.

"Dear God, you're so beautiful."

"I really miss seeing you..."

"Oh my poor angel...Allow me to try and speed up the process on your contract engraved eye." He coos as softly as a voice can be as his hand covers my eye socket.

At least, that's what it feels like.

Suddenly, my right eye sears in agony and I cannot help but dig my nails into the assumed neck of my lover to stop myself from screaming. A pain that I have only ever felt once in my life.

The day the contract was sealed.

"Oh love-" He holds me closer until I sit atop his lap, my forehead resting on his lips. The feeling of his skin pressing against mine is enough to send my mind down into the gutter. This new form so sensitive to touch.

Despite the pain, I can still experience the pleasure of closeness.

That is, until my right eye finally opens to fall upon the face of my demon, who smiles down at me so tenderly.

"Hello darling." My vision sharpens the longer I look. The intricacies of my environment overwhelm my senses as I get used to seeing the world the way my darling demon does.

"Hi." I answer timidly, the craving for something so much more than a hug and a kiss drives me to act like a flustered child.

"I see you already know how sensitive your new body is now." Sebastian states with an evil smirk on his face, moving to brush his lips against my ear as he speaks the words I bet he's always wanted to say.

"I could show you how it works~"

To be quite honest, instead of being charmed, I laugh. Pretty hard may I add.

"That's a first." He remarks, letting out a chuckle at my clearly unexpected reaction.

"It tickled!" I try to defend myself through the fits of giggles but my humoured state is too strong.

"I can see that now!"

"Why would you even want me when I only have one eye open?!" My laughter continues as his fades fast.

"You know why, I love you and I was so afraid that you wouldn't survive that I-" Tears well up in my functioning eye as his expression turns pained. The truth being too difficult to bare. "I regretted getting you pregnant..."

Speechless, I wrap my legs around his waist as I do my arms around his torso. Holding his in a firm, squeezing embrace. One that could rival Lizzy's favourite killer hugs.

I suppose I'm stronger than I once was.

He doesn't seem to mind it though.

"I wanted this. I wanted this so badly it hurt and I would have rather died than crave a child that I could never bare for us...You, my love, have given me the greatest gift of all. An eternity of our blissful union and a child to share it with. I could never forgive you if you had hidden this possibility from me...never."

"You almost died-"

"I wanted to take the risk."

"You would've left me-!"

"You saved me, Sebastian Michaelis. I felt it. Your kiss as I watched children being slaughtered on the blood stained marble alter. I felt it, and I became strong enough to break free of the cage. Sebastian I'm free. I escaped my own Hell knowing that you were waiting for me on the other side and quite frankly I would've been chained to that memory. Shackled by it, till the day I died."

"Then...I suppose in a rather twisted way...The death of your human self meant that you were born to walk to the path of demonhood from the day I met you. Perhaps we've come full circle...perhaps my spawn truly isn't a curse upon you..."

"You believed that our child wasn't good for me?"

"When I saw you becoming deathly ill I thought that I'd lose you because I let you die by my hands."

"Sebastian...our child is a blessing. I am proud to carry a child born from you. So please, never let yourself believe that this child will ruin us."

"Then...May I apologise directly?" He pulls away from me just enough to gaze down at me with the most caring smile I have ever seen.

"Of course." I answer, letting out a chuckle as I unravel my hold upon him. Laying down in front of him as he carefully raises my shirt. Trying not to trigger a reaction.

"Hello darling, Daddy is very sorry for blaming you for Mommy's illness. I love you both very much."

The adorable vulnerability Sebastian displays is overwhelming as he leaves a lingering kiss upon my abdomen, yet the sensitivity of my skin proves to be far too great. A magnified version of an all-too-familiar tingle teasing my very being.

Is this what happens when I touch Sebastian down there?

If it is, I would've been fucking jealous.

The sincerity of the moment becomes overshadowed the moment my handsome demon catches the scent of something I feared he would. Crawling up between my legs, his eyes meet my eye in an intense gaze that sends me spiralling. As though I were still that young man so anxious about that kiss yet still desperately yearning for it.

"I told you that you were sensitive, Kitten~"

"Was that just a ploy to get me to play along~?"

"No, my Love. What I said to our sweet child was sincere. I wanted to apologise for my actions. It was unfair of me to form such hatred for a child that isn't here to defend themselves. I didn't expect that kiss to get you so hot and bothered but since you are-"

"You already know..." I allow myself the pleasure of playing this little game. Legs spread, fingers gently playing with my crotch through my shorts, heart pounding, I respond with the commanding tone he falls for every time. "exactly what I want~"

Satisfaction washing over my face as the sound of a zipper fills my mind with fantasies as those three beautiful words roll from his silver tongue.

"Yes, my Lord~"