Chapter 73: The Power Of Will

Sebastian's POV

Words could not describe the relief I feel in this moment. My lover's lips curling into a coy smirk.

He's won.

He's won the first trial. I wonder how he managed to break the demon in charge.

Frustration

We can feel frustration. I wonder what he said. What he'd done.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ciel's POV

My heart falls to the floor as I lay my eyes on the one thing I begged never to see again.

The altar.

White marble stained with the blood of the children who perished before me.

Of the children who lay dead at my feet on that fateful day.

Cage

I'm looking through the gaps of the bars in the bloodied cage. Staring at my deathbed with fearful eyes.

Blood coursing through my veins at a millions miles a minute.

Starving

I'm starving to death inside this hellhole. No place to feed...except on the corpses of dea-

Dream

This is a dream. In my childhood I never considered that to be a viable option. I need to overcome. To outlast. Otherwise this will be my final resting place.

I escaped from these bastards once, almost ten years ago.

But this time, this time I don't need a demon to save me.

I am the demon.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sebastian's POV

His pulse races, terror forming on his beautiful face as he witnesses the one thing that could ever make him feel true horror.

The altar.

It must be.

No other memory is as traumatic as this...even the gang rape.

Nothing could prepare him for the terrors that lie within that memory.

But my love is strong.

And incredibly clever.

He will be able to save himself

I am powerless to stop him.

So I do the only thing I can. I grant him comfort in my sweet embrace.

And beg that he feels it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ciel's POV

I feel the warmth of my lover's touch. There's nothing else it could be. Nothing else in this world that could make me feel any safer than I do now.

Standing here.

In front of the men who defiled me.

The men who almost broke the spirit of a child who never deserved to be tortured this way.

But I am no longer that child.

And I will not sit here and writhe in self pity as I watch someone else save me once again.

I can save myself.

I did it once, when I summoned who I first believed to be the devil himself.

I may not have known what would answer my plea but I knew that no God would make a ten year old suffer rape, mutilation and starvation if he were kind.

Satan gave me my knowledge, after all.

"You have one chance to open this cage or I will bust it open myself."

"You're not going anywhere but to the slaughter, little lamb."

Little lamb.

Fuck, these demons really know how to make someone feel small.

If only I were so weak.

"This is your last chance."

"What are you going to do from in there? Starve?"

If this is a dream, awareness such as this would give me control. If not, I will stop at nothing to escape.

My hands wrap around the rusted steel bars and pull. Trying my hardest to separate the bars and then I feel it.

Phantom lips pressing into mine.

I close my eyes, my fingers itching to grab hold of raven hair. The craving for his flesh strengthening my pull on the metal until-

Creak

The gap between the bars grows wide enough to crawl through. I don't waste a moment longer, climbing out onto the other side only to find Sebastian waiting for me.

Or at least, an imposter with Sebastian's handsome face.

"There's no Hell that you could show me that could make me bow down to your weak attempts at murder."

"I understand now. So, Ciel, I would like to grant you your freedom. Your willpower is unlike anything we've ever seen, a demon like you will be an incredible asset. Now go, and be with the real me."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sebastian's POV

Slowly, I gain control over my actions. My desires begging for my lips to remain on his and yet, I must let go.

Though when I do, I am greeted by two beautiful blood red eyes that cannot see me. Pupils so dilated that I suspect he's as blind as a bat.

"Ciel? Are you alright, darling?" I probe, only to find him trying to lie his way around being blinded.

"I'm alright, I'm just happy to see you again!" You can't see a damn thing never mind my face.

"How many fingers am I holding up?" I hold up my hand with all five fingers visible, just to prove a point.

"Three?" His voice becomes higher towards the end of the word, suggesting that he's simply guessing which is no surprise considering he's a rotten liar.

"Five. Don't lie to me darling, you're blind. Madame, how long must we wait for his sight to return?"

"Two hours maximum. His eyes are still developing his new heightened sense of sight. Like a kitten or a pup, a hybrid demon needs time to develop the sharp instincts that you were born with, Michaelis."

"I see, and what of our child?"

"Your child will continue to grow as any human would. Congratulations Michaelis, Phantomhive. You're officially parents of a purebred demon."

As my eyes rest on the beguiling face of my blinded lover, I find that I can only think of one thing.

I wish I could turn back time.