Chapter 76: Contracts

Ciel's POV

"Are you serious Sebastian? Please tell me you're joking."

My eye follows along every inch of the greyed room filled with extremely large weights and machinery of which I have never seen before.

"Unfortunately for you, my dear, I am not. You see in order for me to help you hone your new talents, I must know what they are. It may be slightly difficult due to your eye but I believe our contract will be able to compensate. After all, our contract makes that eye particularly strong."

"You know, I was wondering where my own contract symbol is. You have yours on your hand but where's mine? Did you see it last night?" I ask rather unashamedly, I'm so used to him spending the night with me in so...many ways that it's becoming more and more natural to me. I am no longer the timid lover who would blush at the mention of our "nights of passion." Especially now that I've been knocked up by one.

"I did, it's placed over the brand of the kidnappers. It signifies the ability to communicate with the dead who roam the earth from limbo. You, my dear, have a rare gift."

"Really?" Brow furrowed, I take a walk over to my bathroom, only four doors away from this hidden section of the Manor. To find a most beautiful sigil replacing the putrid brand that I so despise.

I have staked a claim over my body, as Sebastian and the cult had done before me. No longer do I belong to the wretched pigs who sold me into servitude to a cult that brutalised me.

I belong to myself.

I belong to Sebastian.

We belong.

"It's beautiful, Ciel. The gift you have been given."

"How so?"

"The dead know no kindness. It is rare that one of your kind finds them to finally acknowledge their existence. They live in isolation. Waiting for the call of the four horns that will never come."

"What a sad existence..."

"It is that kindness that granted you this gift. You have grown to be a loving and caring man, one that I am so proud to call mine."

"And you have become greater than any demon who comes into our path, you feel and continue to feel. That is your strength. What sets you apart from the rest. I'm so proud to call you mine." I echo his words for now my body does not solely belong to him, it belongs to me too. My body belongs to us.

To we happy few.

"Can you please take off my shirt so I can see?" I ask politely, looking up to find adoration in those big crimson eyes as they gaze into mine.

"Of course." His cool arms wrap around me, allowing me to lean against his warm chest. The sound of his false heartbeat soothing me to my very core.

His hands working their way down until the time is up, the sleeves gracefully gliding down my arms. The shirt dropping to my feet, revealing a newly toned body. The outlines of abs shown in a subtle display of strength. The appearance of used muscles slightly faded in order to still appear smooth and graceful. Lanky and elegant.

Not a cruel body.

As I turn around...I see it. A sigil of dark blues and beautiful carvings of Latin engraved in marble skin.

Gorgeous.

This body of mine is gorgeous.

Sebastian was indeed right though, my face never changed. I was born to be a demon. Moulded for it.

"I must say, from what I saw last night, what I told you was true. Your face isn't the only thing worthy of being called akin to a demon."