Chapter 27: Surprises

"You look stunning my Lord! Mister Sebastian will love it I promise." Mey Rin excitedly remarks, circling around me to see my outfit from every possible angle. It is only when I look at my own reflection that I truly believe her.

I was gorgeous

The long plaid coat, the velvet bow, the crisp white shirt, the black waist coat and the makeup all comes together to make this...beautiful creature that I barely recognise.

My anxiety about tonight is...high I must admit but at the very least, I look beautiful enough to look like a person worthy of standing at his side.

Funny, that's how Sebastian feels about me.

"My Lord...don't worry about your date tonight. Whatever surprise Mister Sebastian has set up for you, you'll love it. I'm sure."

I gently pull her into my arms, giving her a friendly hug. "Thank you Mey Rin, for so many more things than this alone."

"That's my job, Young Master." Her eyed glance towards the clock in shock. "The carriage should be here now! Have a nice night my Lord." She plants a kiss on my cheek before turning me around and giving me a light push out of the door.

What I see as I walk outside takes my breath away...

He dressed up in formal attire that I have never laid eyes on

He dressed up in formal attire that I have never laid eyes on. My heart flutters as he bows before me, taking my gloves hand as though it was the most precious thing in existence as he leads me into the carriage.

It is only when he takes a seat so close to me that he explains where we are going.

"My dear, you look dazzling." His compliment makes the blood rush to my cheeks in a red hot inferno.

"Th-Thank you...you look b-beautiful too..." I answer, my eyes finding it difficult to look him in the eye. Yet he seems to find it adorable.

"Do you have any idea where we're going?" He asks, his arm wrapping around me and I don't hesitate to lean against him.

"Unfortunately no. I assume a meal is involved but I have no clue. Care to enlighten me?"

"I can't tell you the surprise...that is why I would like to ask your permission to blindfold you."

"Ha! You must be joking."

"I'm not! You'll love what I have in store but you'll recognise the place instantly if we arrive there. The second location is alright but I cannot let you ruin your own surprise, now can I?"

He has a point...

"Think of it as an exercise in trust."

"I trust you completely. Which is why...you may place the blindfold on me."

"Thank you, my sweet." He slowly pulls the blindfold from his pocket, gently wrapping it around my eyes...well, my eyepatch and uncovered eye. Leaving a gentle kiss on my head as my world turns to darkness, yet I've never felt more safe.