Chapter 20: The Visit

"Try to relax Ciel, I know this is difficult for you but I'm here to help you." Gentle kisses, soft hands through my hair, sweet whispers of support, caring smiles and warm hugs have greeted me all morning. Yet the feeling of anxiety remains stuck to me. Festering as the comforting smell of Sebastian, consumes me, vanilla and cinnamon. Another perfect addition to my perfect partner.

"I'm trying to...truly I am. It's just...I don't want this relationship to be destroyed and for the family name to be ruined by a woman that I should've told the truth to years ago."

"They won't be destroyed, my dear." I close my eyes and smile as his lips press against my temple. "For you see, a butler who cannot do this for his adorable master is simply not worth his salt."

I hang my head down to hide the growing blush that has began to spread to the tips of my ears. "You still haven't gotten used to being complimented like this, have you?" He asked in an amused tone. "Nor can you look me in the eye."

"I'm...not used to adoration." I mumble as I continue to hide my face from him. It only takes a moment for him to lift me onto his waist, and I don't try to resist holding him closer to me. One arm supports me under my thighs as the other is left free to lift my head up. Eyes meeting once more.

"You should be."

My heart begins to pound harder and harder against my rib cage as his eyes lock me in place. Breath hitched in my throat for Lord knows how long. Mouth agape. Unblinking.

"Oh dear, have I frozen you, my Lord?" He teasingly asks.

"I-I...damn you...y-you vertically gifted demonic bastard!" I blurt out as I give my partner a light, playful slap on the cheek.

"Oi! That hurt my Bocchan..."

"O-Oh God! I'm sor-"

"Hah! Look at you! You're not as tough as you appea-"

S L A P

"What was that again, Michaelis?"

"Nothing my sweet little Lord!" He answers quickly, laughing nervously. "Were you truly upset with me?" Not even his poker face could hide the hint of guilt that seeps through into his tone of voice.

"No dear, I became too...overwhelmed. I apologise." The pet name rolls ever so naturally off of my tongue. I have been getting used to it over the past few days after Sebastian began to use it when referring to me. I quite enjoy it, actually.

"No please don't apologise, I push you too far." No matter how many times I feel overwhelmed by the hurricane of emotions that racks my body, the love I am falling so much farther into is far more than worth it.

"I don't care...I don't care if you push me as long as you aren't pushing me away."

"Well, that could be arranged."

"You're an asshole."

"I know."

One Hour Later

"Young Master, may I attend your meeting with Lady Elizabeth? I know that this request is butting in with business that should never be a Maid's but...I don't want to leave you alone today." Mey Rin asks, standing at the door to the lounge. Nervously nibbling on her lip as her eyes rest on mine.

"As you wish, Mey Rin. Please take a seat." I announce in my usual formal tone, acting as if it were only natural that I am still being held in this loving manner.

"You are just adorable like that, my Lord." She playfully teases, but still, being complimented isn't my strong suit. "He's like a living bitter rabbit."