Eight

Miyako nibbled on her lip as she fumbled around with the hem of her sleeves, moving a rock around in circles with her foot as she waited outside of her house

Miyako nibbled on her lip as she fumbled around with the hem of her sleeves, moving a rock around in circles with her foot as she waited outside of her house. After school she had gotten a text from Katsuki demanding she meet him outside her house at six; of course, Miyako had questioned his words which ended in Katsuki blowing up.

"Hey, dipshit. He's not coming," Ginko snapped from behind Miyako, folding her arms over her chest.

Miyako remained silently and tucked her knees close to her chest as she rested against the small, white railing that laid next to the worn down stairs. Her fingers gingerly toying with the sole of her black converse as she spoke, "Rotting flesh is less offensive than you," Miyako muttered quietly.

Rolling her eyes, Ginko looked at her phone, "He's already ten minutes late, he's not coming," She sneered, "So get your ungrateful ass in the house, NOW!"

Miyako looked towards Ginko, her eyes scanning the silver headed female, "Five more minutes," She mumbled, "Give me five more minutes,"

With a roll of her eyes, Ginko turned tail and walked inside the house, slamming the door shut. Miyako sighed quietly and looked down at hee phone, contemplating whether or not to text him. Maybe he's just running late. She thought, attempting to shrug off the nervousness stirring up deep within her stomach.

Miyako sighed quietly and rested her legs against her knees, frowning deeply. What if he isn't running late and just doesn't want to meet up with me?

"Hey, Runt,"

The sound of Katsuki's voice made her head snap upwards, spotting the blonde male walking over, his hands shoved deep within his black jeans. Miyako's lips twitched upwards despite the nickname and she stood up nervously rubbing her arm.

"Hi," She greeted, glancing towards the ground, "I didn't think you would come," Miyako admitted, walking down the stairs and over to him.

Katsuki's piercing red eyes bore holes into the side of her head, "I was ten fucking minutes late," He replied, "I don't lie,"

Miyako felt her lips twitch upwards for a brief second before she looked down.

"Oh,"

Katsuki cocked a brow and sent her a confused look, "The hell is the matter with you?" He muttered.

Miyako's cheeks flushed and she rubbed her neck, shaking her head, "Family matters!" She quickly, and loudly, replied in an unconvincing voice.

As soon as the words left her lips, a scoff came from Katsuki and he rolled his eyes, "Yeah right," He grumbled.

The two of them walked silently, Katsuki being in the lead by a single step, and a rather awkward silence grew over them. Miyako couldn't help but stress over this and her heart rate began to pick up, the precipitation in her palms growing steadily worse.

Did I do something to upset him? Oh no, what if my being here is making him angry. Why did this have to happen today?

Miyako's head buzzed with the thoughts off what could possibly be wrong with Katsuki. At first she figured it had something to do with her, but then she thought about the possibilities of family issues. Not once did she think about the fact that Katsuki was just always angry. Like The Hulk.

Once they got to the arcade, Katsuki immediately let out a loud curse, "Damn it!" The words made Miyako jump in surprise and she peeked over his shoulder, spotting the Closed sign.

"I'll just blow the fucking door down," He spat, "I brought you to this shitty place to take a damn break..." He ranted on and on about the situation, so Miyako decided to stop listening to his words.

"Bakugo," Miyako began, grabbing a hold of his wrist before he could blow up the door, "W-We can go to the beach," She suggested, "I-I've been going ever since it got cleared up...and its calming,"

Katsuki's eyes narrowed at her words, "I THOUGHT-"

Miyako's eyes widened at his sudden raised volume and out of habit, slapped her hand over his mouth, silencing his words and spoke, "No one will be there, Bakugo. We can come back here another time, okay?"

Katsuki reached up, pushing her hand away, "Fine," He muttered, obviously sulking over the fact that his choice was shot down the drain.

By the time they got to the beach, the sun had already began to set and no one was actually at the beach, much to Miyako's enjoyment. A small smile grew on her lips as she looked out over the horizon as they both sat down in the sand. Her eyes moved up towards the darkening sky, trying to find the first, and ultimately the brightest star.

"What the hell are you look for?" Katsuki asked, tilting his head back as well.

Miyako remained silent for a few moments before found the star and she pointed towards it, "That star," She informed, "It's called Sirius, but it actually isn't a single star. I still have research to do on it, but I do know that in a majority of the mythologies around the world, Sirius has a huge thing revolving around dogs,"

Katsuki looked at her for a moment before speaking, "You're eyes," He began, and almost immediately afterwards Miyako's head snapped to the side, turning her eyes away from his view, "They shine like damn stars whenever you talk about mythology,"

Miyako slowly turned to look at him, a blush gathering on her cheeks at his words, "I-Is that bad?" She asked, "Because I can stop talking about it if it is a bad thing,"

Katsuki turned to look at her, "Its fine," He shrugged his shoulders, "Why don't you ever let people look at your damn eyes?" He asked.

Miyako's eyes widen and she quickly looked away, "I-I've always been self conscious about them...a-a long time ago someone made fun of my eyes, and I've never held eye contact for more than five seconds," She quickly explain.