Eleven

The day of the festival sent Miyako reeling

The day of the festival sent Miyako reeling. Her palms were drenched with sweat and she hasn't gotten much sleep the night before...mostly because she had been texting Katsuki, but it was also nervousness, which Katsuki found out and teased her about. Ume had also forced Miyako to down a cup of her "special coffee", as Ume called it, and then proceeded to make Miyako do an insane amount of stretching.

"Would you relax?" Miyako snapped towards Ume, who was currently jogging in place, "We still have another fi- oh forget it, you're not even listening," She muttered, standing to her feet and trotting outside the locker room.

Wiping her palms against the fabric of her sweats, Miyako let out a nervous sigh, leaning against the wall. A large black and red boot kicked at her leg. It wasn't hard, but it was noticeable. Miyako looked up, her lips twitching in the slightest as she found herself looking at the familiar ash-blonde male.

"You look like shit," He bluntly stated, making Miyako roll her eyes.

"I'd love to insult you, but I don't think you'd understand," Miyako muttered sarcastically.

Katsuki scoffed at her words and folded his arms over his chest, "About tomorrow," He began, making a small blush tinge onto Miyako's cheeks, "We should probably move it back to Sunday. We'll probably be sore as hell from this, and I'd rather not be pissed off while we're on that date," He informed.

Miyako smiled at his words and nodded her head, "I have to agree, but you're always angry," She stated, rising her hand and putting the top of his head, pausing as she realized how soft his hair actually was.

Katsuki's brows furrowed in annoyance, but he didn't make an attempt to move away from her hand, the tips of his ears turning red as he looked at her, "Tomorrow....i-if you want..I can come pick you up and we can hang around my place," He offered.

Miyako grinned and removed her hand from his head and spoke, "Sounds like a plan," She replied, watching his lips twitch upwards.

"What sounds like a plan?" Ume's voice made Katsuki's eyes narrow angrily while Miyako jumped at the sudden intrusion.

"NOTHING!" Katsuki snapped angrily before stomping off.

"Good luck, K- Bakugo!" Miyako called after him.

"I DON'T NEED YOUR LUCK!" He yelled back.

With a roll of her eyes, Miyako turned her attention to Ume, who had a large smirk forming on her lips. Miyako let out an annoyed groan at the look on her face and pushed her hand against Ume's face, causing her to stumble into the door. 

Ume jerked her face away from Miyako's hand and waved it away, "I dare say that young Miyako has a crush on Bakugo~" She hummed in a sing-song voice.

Miyako's cheeks began to heat up and she stubbornly turned her head away from Ume, "N-No I don't," She protested.

Ume chuckled and drapped her arm over Miyako, despite her being shorter, and began walking to join the boys of the class, "I'll give it a week before you're head over heels in love with him," She stated, grabbing a hold of Tetsutetsu's attention.

"In love with who," He asked, his brow rising.

"K-"

"NO ONE!" Miyako practically screamed, slipping her hand over Ume's mouth, only to immediately pull it away in disgust as she felt Ume's tongue poke her palm.

"YOU'RE HAND TASTE LIKE SWEAT!!" Ume cried, rubbing her tongue with the sleeve of her jacket.

"YOU'RE THE MORON THAT LICKED ME!!" Miyako retorted, wiping her hand againat the black tank top.

Ume scowled at Miyako and folded her arms over her chest while Miyako finally calmed herself into a bland look. She could here the crowd cheering loudly and Miyako finally realized that this was really happening.