🔘Chapter 14: Your A Mess

Jaysean's Pov

I was high as shit

I was high as shit. I knew this because as I stared at this tree in the backyard, I could of swore it was talking and my dumb ass was talking back. It reminded me of that old tree from Pocahontas.

"How's it feel to have all of those damn animals live in you? They treat you like a Motel 6" I mumbled taking another hit from my blunt.

"I've gotten used to it over the years man. A day at a time. Things could be worse, Jay. I just heard they chopped my cousin down. That nigga was always looking out for me. Keeping dogs from peeing on me and helping me get sun. They just went and cut him down like he didn't have a family. Shit is crazy" the tree replied. I shook my head and glanced toward the sky.

"What are you doing?" I heard. Turning my head I saw it was Leslie.

 Turning my head I saw it was Leslie

"Having a conversation. Can I help you?" I questioned.

"There is no one out here so, who are you talking to?"she asked.

"Why the hell you questioning me like you five-o or something? I was out here minding my own damn business talking with my new homie. His cousin just died and you want to come and be nosy. Disrespectful" I groaned annoyed. She was begining to kill my high.

"Sorry" she whispered taking a seat next to me on this bench they had out here.

"Where is Leo?" I asked taking another hit. I woke up this morning and both he and Lisa were gone, leaving me here with her.

"He went to go help my mom shop for groceries. She's been avoiding me since I came back yesterday" she responded.

"What you expect? You chose your trifling daddy over her. You better be glad she's ignoring you. If it was my mom she'd be beating my ass all up and down this house" I chuckled.

"My dad isn't the only reason their marriage fell apart. Leo and my mom just like to blame him because it's easier" Leslie murmured.

"Well that ain't none of my business. I have enough drama to deal with " I hummed leaning back a little.