🔘Chapter 31: Dropping The Baggage

Leo's Pov

"We're supposed to be taking a step back from each other

"We're supposed to be taking a step back from each other. Getting some space" I whispered.

"We are. After this. You know, just give me a moment" he mumbled running a hand through my hair. I closed my eyes and enjoyed it. I have grown accustomed to his need to touch my hair. I liked it.

Currently, we were in my bed, laying on our sides and facing each other. I made the suggestion that we put a pin in whatever was happening between us and deal with our other issues. His mother and my father had both shown up unannounced causing plenty of damn problems.

I knew we couldn't ignore them for long. We had to face 'em and deal. Even though I dreaded seeing my father again, I knew it was a necessary evil. There was so much bad blood between us and as I thought on it, seeing the way that things went down with him and my mom, it was the main reason why I stayed away from a relationship.

"She can't change my mind," Jay said.

"Huh?" I asked confused.

"My mom. If she doesn't accept me, that's fine but, she isn't going to change my mind. I don't know what this is. I just know this shit is real, you feel me" he stated sincerely.

"I do" I replied leaning forward and kissing him.

"They have no damn power over this" he hummed. I nodded in agreement and continued to kiss him. I felt his hand go into my hair and tighten its grip. I moaned in pleasure from that simple action.

"Jay" I breathed against his lips.

"I know. Fucking space" he groaned pulling away. I was disappointed but, we needed this. I watched as he got out of the bed and ran a hand along his braids in frustration. Releasing a loud grunting noise.

"Are you okay?" I questioned.

"I'm good. I need to go before I mess shit up by fucking you" he said smiling. It was something I enjoyed seeing.

"Okay" I agreed sitting up. He came over and placed his hands on the side of my face. For that moment, his face looked soft.  He usually was guarded and all hard.

"I got you baby" he whispered kissing me one last time before walking out the room.

Pulling my hair up, I got out my bed and put on my shoes. When I went downstairs I could hear some arguing coming from the kitchen and when I looked I saw it was my mom and Leslie. I decided not to interrupt because this was long overdue. Since she has been here my mom has kept her distance. Now with my father showing up, she couldn't keep silent anymore.

Leslie brought the man that caused her so much pain back into our lives. That was something hard to ignore. She needed to be put in her place and no one did that better than a mother.

Walking out the house, I hopped in my truck and pulled out. On my way into town, I thought about Jaysean. He was important to me. I cared about him more than I was willing to admit at the moment. A special place in my heart had opened up for him and now he was there permanently.

As I reached the hotel, I parked and headed inside. I remembered the room number so, I went into the elevator and pressed the correct floor. I was slightly nervous, there was no denying that but, I knew I needed this. Especially, if I wanted to move on and put him and all his baggage behind me.

I was standing in front of the door. All I had to do was knock but, I hesitated. I thought about turning around and going back home. Telling Jay that I made a mistake and the last thing I needed was space but, instead, him.

Before I could make a decision to run away I gathered enough nerve to rap on the door. Minutes later, I heard my fathers voice and he was opening the barrier so, I saw his face.

 Minutes later, I heard my fathers voice and he was opening the barrier so, I saw his face

"Leonardo. Your here" he breathed smiling slightly.

"Yes, I um think we need to talk" I muttered.

"Okay. Come in" he told me moving to the side so, I could step through the doorway.

"Nice room" I commented. I didn't know what else to say because I hadn't even been here for 5 minutes and it was already awkward as shit.

"Thanks. I wasn't expecting you son. After everything that happened at the house, you were the last person I thought would come to visit me. Though don't get me wrong I'm thrilled" he explained.

"I just think it's time we dealt with all the bullshit once and for all. I'm tired of carrying around all this hatred and resentment. It doesn't help anyone" I confessed taking a seat on the sofa.

"I'm happy to hear that, Leonardo" my father murmured sitting down beside.

"Okay now that we're on the same page. Let's talk" I stated.

⚾️⚾️⚾️⚾️⚾️⚾️⚾️⚾️⚾️⚾️⚾️⚾️⚾️

This update is coming earlier than my last couple. This chapter was one of the more easy ones to write. Next chapter should be pretty long. I think I'm going to include the talk with Leo and his dad along with the conversation between Jay and his mother in one solid chapter. So what do you guys think of this?

VOTE/COMMENT

---MissTAYTAY1 XOXO

⚾️⚾️⚾️⚾️⚾️⚾️⚾️⚾️⚾️⚾️⚾️⚾️⚾️⚾️