🔘Chapter 21: You Abandoned Me So, I Moved On

Leo's Pov

"Are you sure your okay?" I asked Jay as we sat on the couch

"Are you sure your okay?" I asked Jay as we sat on the couch. He kept twitching his hand as we were trying to watch a movie.

"I'm fine" he mumbled.

"Okay" I breathed but, kept my eyes on him.

"Isn't this a sight that makes you want to vomit" Leslie said coming into the living room.

"Man for real you needed to walk your lollipop built ass back out this room. I don't have time for your bullshit today" Jaysean said.

"Just cause your mom and dad abandoned you on our doorstep doesn't mean you can disrespect me in my own house. Or do you even know who your daddy is? People in your hood do like to get around so, who's to be sure" she hummed and before I knew it Jay was off the couch and in front of her.

"Bitch, talk about my father again. Now ion told you I don't have time for your shit and if you was a nigga would've been laid your ass out. Keep it up. I may not touch you but, I'll find a way" he snapped and I could see my sister was scared.

"Hey, calm down" I whispered standing up and touching his arm. He glared at me before snatching it away and leaving.

"Oh my god" Leslie mumbled.

"You okay?" I asked.

"Something is wrong with him Leo. The way he was looking at me.....he needs to go" she spoke.

"No. He's just not himself today" I sighed.

"Not himself? That was him, he was going to hurt me" she argued.

"No, he wasn't. Jaysean doesn't hit women" I said.

"How do you know? He's only been here a couple of weeks. There's no way you know him as well as you think. He could have serious problems" she muttered crossing her arms.

"You would know" I responded.

"Whatever. After what just happened I don't feel safe with him here" Leslie spoke.

"Okay and your opinion doesn't really matter. You think you could come back after all these years and what you did and just direct what happebs in this house. News flash you can't. You'd really do everyone a favor by crawling back in the hole you came from" I said before leaving. I headed outside and saw Jay sitting on the porch steps smoking.

I didn't say anything and just took a seat beside him

I didn't say anything and just took a seat beside him. We sat there in silence and continued even when I noticed a tear fall down his face. The only thing I did was wrap my arm around him and give him a hug.

"He died today" he hummed wiping his face.

"I'm sorry" I replied.

"Yeah. This is the day I became like most niggas from my hood, fatherless" he told me pulling away.

"Maybe but, at least you had him, knew him for the time you did. How many of them can say that?" I murmured.

"Thanks" he sighed.

"Of course" I hummed.

"I didn't mean to scare your sister. I just have a lot going on in my head. Its like memory of what happened is running on repeat. The police showing up at our house. My mom and sister crying, all the shitty months that followed after" Jay sighed.

"Leslie will be okay. I'm more worried about you" I confessed.

"Don't. I'll be fine once I finish this blunt. Its one day out of the damn year. I can handle it, I always do" he laughed but, humorously. It was a laugh that was empty of any feeling whatsoever and even though he said not to, I was worried.

My sister may have been right, I didn't know him that well but, I wanted to. I wanted to help him, for him to let me in. It may have been only a couple weeks but, we had this bond. He was hurting and I knew he would keep it buried. That was just the type of guy he was.

Though I wouldn't force him to open up. I believed that if he wanted to talk, he would. Certain people liked to be left alone with their pain but, needed someone to be there when they were finally able to let it go.

"Okay" I breathed laying my head on his shoulder and closing my eyes.

We continued in silence, the fresh air blowing around us. It was disrupted when I heard the sound of a car. Opening my eyes, I watched as the black Mercedes drove up to the house. When it stopped the drivers door opened and out stepped someone I never thought I'd see again.

"Daddy!!" Leslie screamed running out of the house and up to the sperm donor.

"Hi princess" he said giving her a hug.

"What the hell are you doing here?!?" I demanded standing up

"Leo!" she snapped.

"Its okay. Hello son" he said looking at me with the same eyes that destroyed our family. The same ones that walked out on my mother,....on me. The ones I hated.

🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄

Okay, so Jaysean is dealing with the anniversary of his father's death and now Leo's father has shown up. Things are really going to hell for these two and I'm not really feeling all that bad about it. Next, Leo's father causes some serious problems.

VOTE/COMMENT

---MissTAYTAY1 XOXO

🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄