🔘Chapter 30: Tell Me Where Love Lies

Jaysean's Pov

"Leo stop" I groaned following behind him as he went into the house

"Leo stop" I groaned following behind him as he went into the house. He kept on walking like I ain't say a word. Like my ass suddenly turned into Casper the damn ghost.

"Jaysean is that you?" Lisa questioned coming into the front hallway.

"Hey" I muttered not really in the mood to talk to her.

We weren't close and even though I've been staying here for about a month in a half, she was still a stranger to me. Her and my mother grew up together. She was that person in the family your mother always made you sign a card for but, you never knew who the hell they were.

Though I had mad respect for the woman especially after seeing her and Leo together. It made me question my own relationship with my mom.

"Your mother is staying here for a week while your sister is with your cousins. We caught up and I really think you two need to talk. She's upstairs sleeping but, maybe when she gets up" she explained.

"Nah I'm good. She said all she needed to" I scoffed.

"Listen, she was just shocked. Maybe you should give her another chance" Lisa offered. I could tell I wasn't going to get rid of her by saying no.

"I'll think about it" I lied. I had no interest in talking with her. At least not anytime soon. The only person I wanted to talk to at this moment was Leo.

"Okay," she sighed.

Nodding, I headed upstairs and down the hall to Leo's room. When I entered I could hear the shower running so, I decided to join him. Stripping out of my clothes, I went into the bathroom.

He was standing in the shower under the water staring at the tiles. I wrapped my arms around his waist when I stepped in behind him. He didn't say anything and he didn't even move.

"I fucked up. I'm sorry" I whispered softly.

"It's fine," Leo said under his breath though I could tell he was still mad because he didn't turn around.

"Look at me" I spoke.

"Jaysean. Can we just not?" he asked running a hand through his hair.

"On god Leo" I groaned getting a little annoyed. This seems to get his damn attention because soon we were facing each other.

"What?" he sighed.

"You mean something to me. I didn't mean to hurt you. I'm sorry" I said.

"We aren't together so, it doesn't matter. You can sleep with who you want" he scoffed.

Now I usually didn't get involved with the people I sleep with. I wasn't one for a damn relationship. Nah I avoided that shit like they were the people that were coming to take your furniture because you missed a few payments. Though when it came to Leo I cared. I cared a lot. He was different.

Maybe it was because we were the same. He didn't want a relationship. He didn't want all that love and shit. I guess that's what made me want to do all that with him.

"Baby listen-" I started but, was quickly cut off.

"No thank you" Leo murmured turning off the water and getting out. Grabbing a towel, I wrapped it around my waist and followed him.

"Fuck! You making this hella difficult and it doesn't have to be. We both fucked someone else. Let's just dead this shit and move on! I didn't mean to hurt you" I snapped standing in front of him while he sat on the bed.

"I want to but, there's this doubt in my head. Honestly, after that whole argument between you and your mother don't you think we should stop whatever this is. At least until you talk to her" he told me.

"She doesn't have a say in this part of my life. Besides, she dragged my father into this. I have nothing to say to her" I whispered.

"Jay I just need some time. You are not the only one who's family is a problem at the moment. My father is here and my sister still hasn't left. We both have shit we need to deal with" Leo said standing up and running a hand through his hair.

I had kind of forgot that his raggedy-ass dad had shown up two days ago. He was right. We were both dealing with some bullshit. Looking at him I could tell he was under a lot of stress.

"Okay, I'll back off" I sighed.

"Thank you" he mumbled.

"I got you as you got me, right" I asked giving him a hug because he seemed to need one.

"Yeah" he breathed pulling away ans kissing me.

We would deal with everything else and then get back to us because if I was being honest he was becoming an important part of my life.

🔸️🔸️🔸️🔸️🔸️🔸️🔸️🔸️🔸️🔸️🔸️🔸️🔸️🔸️🔸️

I've been working on this chapter for awhile. I know y'all are wondering when they're going to say those 3 little words. I don't know. What do you think of Leo taking a step back from the relationship? Should they put a label on it?

VOTE/COMMENT

---MissTAYTAY1 XOXO

🔸️🔸️🔸️🔸️🔸️🔸️🔸️🔸️🔸️🔸️🔸️🔸️🔸️🔸️🔸️