🔘 Chapter 32: Blood Over Everything

Leo's Pov

"Where should we start?" my dad asked

I stared at him, noticing how uncomfortable he looked. He wasn't the only one though. I was beginning to think this was a mistake. That I should find a different way to move past everything.

"How about why you cheated?" I sighed.

"Your mother and I were complicated" he mumbled.

"Not really. You were married and you decided to step out on her with a younger woman. That doesn't sound to difficult" I scoffed.

"I love your mother. I've been in love with Lisa since I was 19 years old. She didn't reciprocate those feelings in the beginning but, I didn't give up. Your mother went through a lot when she was younger. The foster care system isn't known as the best place in the world. Anyways, I never set out to hurt her" he explained.

"But you did. You hurt all of us" I stated.

"Yeah and that's my biggest regret. We kept so much from you and your sister. Things weren't as perfect as we wanted you to believe. I took the cowards way out by starting that affair. It was a mistake and before I could fix it, I lost everything. I lost your mother and you. I'm sorry" he said softly.

"I didn't come here for apologies. Just the truth" I snapped.

"The truth. Truth is that I destroyed the greatest thing I had. The truth is I miss you guys" my dad confessed.

"Why did you come back here?" I questioned ignoring his previous statement.

"I wanted to see you and check up on your sister. She's been in a lot of trouble. I'm worried. Not having your mother around has affected her more than she is willing to admit. I can only help her with so much before I'm venturing into unknown territory" he sighed.

"Who's fault is that? She abandoned us and took your side. She painted mom as the enemy and you never told her any differently. The person that she has become is your doing. I don't recognize my little sister. I've tried to give her the benefit of the doubt but, it's getting hard. I don't know if I can see her as anything but, a stranger" I told him.

"She's still your sister. I love you both but, Leslie isn't like you. The divorce destroyed her. I didn't want her to go against your mother but, I also couldn't lose my little girl. You didn't want anything to do with me and Lisa refused to be in the same room as me. She was all I had. Though that may be why I spoiled her and let her get away with a lot. I just was so focused on keeping her close that I forgot I was supposed to be her parent, be her father" my dad murmured looking down at his hands.

I could tell he was full of regrets. That he was packing some serious guilt for all that he did to our family. I wasn't able to notice before because of all the anger I held toward him but, now that we were talking and getting everything out in the open it was very visible. He was in pain. He made a mistake and it cost him everything.