🔘Chapter 28: You Care, Show Me

Leo's Pov

"We should go out," I said looking up from where I was laying on his chest and drawing circles into his skin

"We should go out," I said looking up from where I was laying on his chest and drawing circles into his skin. I admired the contrast of our skin color. It was beautiful.

"Where?" he asked.

"I don't know. We just need to get out of this damn house. I'm pretty sure there's a party happening somewhere" I sighed reaching over to grab my phone. As I was scrolling through social media, he was playing with my hair.

"Hey" he whispered gaining my attention.

"Yeah" I hummed glancing up from my phone screen

"You know I care about you, right" he whispered staring at me.

"I care about you too" I replied not missing a beat. He smiled and it made me happy.

After all that just happened with his mom, it was nice to see him in a good mood. I felt for him. Coming out was difficult especially to your parents. They are the ones you hope will support you above everyone else.

Their opinion matters as much as we pretend it doesn't. It takes a toll on you when they don't accept you as you are. When the people that are supposed to always be in your corner turn their back on you, just because you don't love the same way they do.

It was why even though I despised my father for all he put us through I still loved him. He may have been a shitty husband and father but, he showed support when I needed it. When I came out to him and my mom they accepted me. It was the best feeling ever and I wished Jaysean had the same experience. The world already dished out enough hate.

"Here, one of my old friends from high school is throwing a house party. She said all are invited. You want to go?" I questioned.

"Sure" he groaned.

"You don't sound all that excited" I muttered.

"Nah. I just wish my mother stayed in Harlem," Jay said.

"I'm sorry" I offered.

"Don't. You are, not the one that should be apologizing to me" he whispered sitting up. I kept my eye on him watching in silence as he just sat there thinking. After a while, I decided to finally say something.