🔘Chapter 17: Petty Decisions

Jaysean's Pov

"Are you ignoring me?" Leo asked as he stood in my bedroom doorway

"Are you ignoring me?" Leo asked as he stood in my bedroom doorway. I stared at the ceiling refusing to look at him.

"Nope" I replied.

"Oh really. Ever since yesterday you haven't been around like usual" he sighed.

"So. Is there some law in this country ass town that says I have to follow the white boy around all day? Last time I checked I wasn't one of my ancestors" I snapped.

"Okay asshole" he mumbled but, he didn't move.

"Can I fucking help you?" I questioned annoyed.

"What is your problem?" he stated.

"Right now your getting on my nerves. You don't seem to be able to take a hint, that a nigga doesn't want to be bothered. Acting like a damn Jehovah witness" I groaned getting up. Putting my phone in my pocket, I walked passed him and headed downstairs. I smacked my teeth when I heard his footsteps behind me.

"Alright you guys ready to head pver to the picnic?" Lisa spoke coming out from the kitchen.

"I'm ready" Leslie called jogging down the steps.

"Okay lets go" she mummured leading us out the door.

The last thing I wanted to do was go to this damn picnic. Shit I was from the hood, we didn't do picnics. Eating food on the damn ground, I mean thats the shit we did because you didn't have a table at home.

The whole ride there I sat in the back and listened to music. A group of white people and I was in the back, I guess this is what Rosa felt like. When we arrived and I got out I wasn't really suprised to see this shit looked like it belonged in an episode of the Brady bunch. The only time I've seen this much whiteness was during winter back home.

"You guys go have fun" Lisa said smiling all big and shit.

I wondered if it hurt her face having to show all those damn teeth. Shaking my head, I went off somewhere. Truthfully, I wanted just get away from that hot ass mess of a family.

I had managed to find where all the black people were and no suprise it was by the free food. I felt lile I was home for a moment. I started talking to this guy named Trey and he was aight. He was seriously facinated about where I was from.

 He was seriously facinated about where I was from