chapter 4

Sitting on my bed with one leg tucked underneath, I was reading a book that Amelia had let me borrow. Bear was laying down on the other side of the bed, taking up a large portion.

Suddenly, my door flew open, causing Bears head to shoot up and start barking. When I noticed it was Theo, I pet his head to calm him down.

Bears not Theos....

That would be weird.

"Do you need an-" I started to say but then got cut off by Theo picking me up and somehow tossing me up on his shoulder.

"What are you doing!?" I said, raising my voice slightly. I don't like to yell or be loud if you haven't noticed.

"Conner said to get you to come down." He said with a shrug at the end, which pushed his shoulder into my hip.

"I doubt he meant like this." I replied, watching my arms swing back and front as he walked downstairs.

"Well it's working, isn't it?" He said sarcastically.

We eventually made it to the basement steps. Bear surprisingly stayed up in my room.

"Yo! Conner! I got her!" Theo boasted as he stepped off the last step.

"Dude! I told you to ask if she wanted to come downstairs! Not kidnap her!" Conner yelled.

Conners head popped out next to my head, so I'm guessing he was bending down to look at me.

"How are you doing?" He asked.

Fan-fucking-tastic.

"Fine. You know just hanging around." I said, swinging my arms to the side.

Finally, Theo put me down behind the couch. I gripped onto his arm to stop myself from falling over from all the blood leaving my head. I looked around and saw three other people on the room besides Conner, Theo and I.

"Are you going to introduce us Conner, or what?" The boy with brown shaggy hair said.

Conner rolled his eyes. "That's Wesley." He said. He pointed to the other boy with black hair and tattoos.

"That guy over there is Jax." Jax gave me a small wave but his face was blank.

"And lastly, we have Willa." The girl sitting on the floor in the middle of the room stood up.

"Finally! Another girl in our group!" She said excitedly.

"Hey what about Lydia!? She was a girl." Wesley said to Willa.

"She was a bitch." Willa said, shrugging.

"Okayyy. Anyways, guys and Willa, this is Kamryn." Conner said, dragging out the 'okay'. I gave them a small smile and looked at the setup they have going on. The couch cushions were on the floor along with a mattress and a giant beanbag in front of the tv.

"So, what's all this?" I asked, gesturing to the setup.

"Movie night!" Willa yelled as she flopped down on the mattress.

"Don't you all have school in the morning?" I asked, walking towards the giant beanbag.

"Yeah. But we're skipping." Conner said. I nodded and Willa and Wesley started to argue over what movie to play first. Theo took a seat on the cushions next to the beanbag and handed me a blanket.

"Thank you." I said quietly, taking the red blanket.

My throat began to itch and it forced me to start coughing. Theo looked at me concerned and put his hand on my back. I took a deep breath but that just seemed to make me cough worse. Theo looked around and his eyes stopped somewhere, I couldn't tell because I was too busy coughing up my lungs.

"Dude put that out!" Theo yelled as he covered my nose and mouth with the blanket. From the corner of my eye I could see Jax quickly putting out his cigarette. The smoke still lingered in the air therefore my coughing didn't stop.

"Theo get her out of here until the smoke smell is gone." Conner told Theo.

With that I was lifted bridal style off of the beanbag and Theo ran up the stairs. He walked over to the kitchen and placed me on a stool. I closed my eyes and took deep breaths. When I opened my eyes I saw Jax slowing creeping into the kitchen with a guilty look.

"I'm sorry Kamryn." Jax said.

I shrugged. "It's okay, you didn't know."

Jax walked over to me and pulled me into a hug. I was surprised, he looks to be that last person to hug someone voluntarily. After a few seconds, he pulled away chuckling, looking at something behind me.

"Don't worry Theo, I'm not after your girl." Jax said, raising his hands and backing out of the kitchen slowly.

Theo creates his throat when Jax left the room. Ignoring what Jax had just said, I hopped down from the stool and made my way towards the basement door.

"Woah,woah,woah" Theo said grabbing my arm.

"Let me go make sure it's ok to go in again

"Let me go make sure it's ok to go in again." He said.

I nodded and watched him disappear down the steps. After a few seconds he came back up and told me it was 'safe'.

"We chose a movie!" Willa yelled as Theo and I sat down.

"What'd you choose?" Theo said leaning back against the couch behind him.

"Well, Wesley didn't want a scary movie since he's kinda a wuss but he was out voted, so we're watching The Gallows." I heard Wesley grumble as Willa teased him.

I layed down on the giant beanbag and pulled the blanket up to my chin, preparing for the jump scares.

I hate jump scares.

Word count:951
Sorry this is kind of short. But I didn't realize it's been so long. I've been meaning to update so here ya go!

Don't be a ghost reader! 🖤