chapter 15

TheoI must have fallen asleep because the sound of the front door being slammed wakes me up

Theo
I must have fallen asleep because the sound of the front door being slammed wakes me up. I look down at Kamryn sleeping in my arms still. It's a miracle that she didn't wake up to the loud slam.

Kamryns bedroom door is slowly opening and Conner pokes his head in. He narrows his eyes at our position.

"What are you doing?" He asks lowly.

"She was having some sort of nightmare and this is helping her sleep."

He nods.

"Remember what we talked about." He states and leaves the room, softly closing the door behind him.

That morning on the island he told me that his mom Amelia told him about her past but only scratched the surface and to be careful and gentle with her. Also the average brother speech of 'you hurt her, I hurt you 20 times harder.'

I'm curious about her past life but I know I have to wait until she tells me and not to pry unless I absolutely have to.

She shifts slightly and presses her forehead into my chest. One of her legs push in between mine as she groans softly. She leans her head back and squints her eyes after opening them because of the bright room. I smile at her cute scrunched up face.

"What's going on?" She mumbled and rubs her eyes.

"Well it's -" I pause and check the time.

"- 4:45 and Conner just got back from practice." I continue.

"Wait you missed practice?" She asks.

"Yeah?" I say.

"Why didn't you just go?!" She stated, she also slightly raised her voice which surprised me. Her version of raising her voice is a little bit louder than the average speaking voice.

Quiet girl.

"I'd rather stay here." I said. I tucked a lock of hair behind her ear and she blushes.

"You should've went." She angrily grumbles.

I chuckle and hug her tight. She pushes my chest and I let her go so she can stand up.

"Before I forget. I still have your hoodie." She says. She walks to her closet and pulls it off the hanger. She tosses it to me and shuffled through her clothes before pulling out a T-shirt and athletic shorts. I hold the hoodie in my lap and wait for her to come back from changing.

I hear the bathroom door closing and I stand at the bedroom door. Once it opens I shove the hoodie over head quickly.

"It's yours." I say and walk out. I yell a quick 'bye' to Conner who I saw rummaging around in the pantry before getting on my bike and riding home.

Kamryn

The next morning I get up for school.  Not particularly caring how I look today, I throw on some black leggings and Theos hoodie, which is mine now apparently, and some black running shoes.