chapter 12

We didn't go to sleep right when we got back to camp. We decided to stay up and just get to know each other better. Granted, they knew each other, just not me. Like, turns out Wesley can make a clover with this tongue. And Willa wants to get her back dimples pierced, which Jax was not on board with.

"So Kam, besides painting and obviously singing, what else do you like to do?" Jax asked.

"Yeah, anything you're good at?" Willa said, leaning forward with her hands on her knees.

We all were sitting in a circle around the blazing fire.

"Well..." I trail off.

"Oh my gosh! What is it?!" Willa yelled, running over to sit next to me.

"I-um used to do All-star cheerleading? I was weirdly good at one-man stunting." I said, rubbing my palms against my knees.

"What that's so cool!" Willa replied, putting a hand on my shoulder.

"I don't believe it." Wesley says. He crossed his arms over his chest and stares me down.

"I mean I can tumble or something since I can't exactly show you stunts." I say. I stand up and take a few steps back. I take a deep breath and pray I don't mess up.

I throw a standing double back handspring. Huh, I guess muscle memory kicks in.

"Pshh anyone can do that." Wesley said, waving it off.

"Oh yeah, then you go over and do that." Willa retorted.

"Or how about you show us something else." Jax offered.

"Like what?"

"Like one of those stunts you were talking about." Conner suggested.

"I don't have a base."

"I can do whatever that is. Just tell me what to do." Theo stated, standing up and walking to me.

"I-uh I don't know." I crossed my arms over my chest.

"Come on, I got you." He said, bumping his shoulder with mine.

"Okay." I say giving in.

"Conner get over here too." I add.

I explain to them what to do. Theo was going to hold me up while Conner stands beside him to catch me if I fall.

"Ready?" I ask them.

They both nod seeming focused. Instead of the usual way of throwing me up into the air. I climb up Theo onto his shoulders and he grabs the bottom of my feet. I put on shoes so he can grip them better.

Once he's situated, I slowly stand up.

"Okay. Now, place both hands under my left foot if you can." I tell him once I get my balance.

I shift my weight to the left when he releases my right foot and slowly bring my leg into the air and pull a simple heel stretch.

"Can you turn to the side? I want to try something." I ask him. I haven't done a scorpion in forever.

"Conner, be ready." I warn him.

"Wait, what, if you think you'll fall then don't do it!" Conner yells at me.

"Oh well." I reply. Theo turns to the side and I bring my leg behind me and pull it to a scorpion. I only hold it for a few seconds before I lose my grip and fall to the side.

Someone catches me so I don't hit the ground. I look at Conner, who was the person who caught me, smiling slightly.

"You know, I was going to yell at you for doing that knowing you might fall, but seeing you actually smiling makes me not want to." He said. He pulled me into a hug and ruffled my hair.