chapter 5

My hands shot up to cover my face with the blanket. I mumbled out a string of curses.

Who the hell invented jump scares?

I felt a stare on the side of my head. I looked over to find Theo smirking at me.

"What?" I whispered,not wanting to disturb the silence except the actress talking in the movie.

He just shook his head me, then mimicked my act of covering my face. I rolled my eyes at him and turned back to the screen just in time for another jump scare.

Theo started laughing. The kind of deep laugh that sent chills down my spine in a good way.

"Shh!" Willa and Wesley said at the same time. 

I cuddled into the beanbag and blanket more. The blanket over my nose, ready to cover my face once again. Suddenly, I feel my beanbag being pulled towards Theo. I look over at him in question but he just keeps his face blank and towards the screen.

After that movie ended, Wesley put in some Marvel movie. Jax went upstairs to get some snacks, Willa was sprawled out on the mattress her and Wesley shared. Conner and Theo were arguing about what superhero is better,and me, I was curled up on the beanbag,my head right next to Theos hip.

"Spider-Man is obviously better." Conner stated.

"No, Thor is so much better." Theo argued back crossing his arms.

"Spider-Man can shoot webs out of his hands!" Conner said, raising his voice slightly.

"Theo has a hammer that can make lightning and knock Spider-Man right off his little web!"
(A/N: don't know if that's true but hey I tried)

Jax finally came back down stairs with a large bowl of popcorn and M&Ms.

"Finally. Now we can start the movie." Wesley said as Jax sat down.

Theo and Conner both dropped their argument and faced the tv.

As the movie started, I felt Theos hand drop down onto my hair and start to weave his fingers through my hair. After doing that for a few minutes, he picked up my shoulders and pulled me over so my head was laying on his leg and his fingers went back to massaging my head.

I fell asleep pretty quickly after that.

Theos pov

I played with Kamryns hair, not even paying attention to the movie that was playing. I watched as her eyes shut and breathing slowed to a steady pace.

I didn't move for the entire movie, not wanting to wake her. The credits came to an end as the main screen came up to view. Everyone was sleeping except for me. During the movie, Bear started scratching at the door so Conner got up to let him in which resulted in Bear coming up and laying right behind Kamryn.

I pulled up her body gently, trying not to jostle her too much and moved my position to lay down. I layed Kamryn down on her side facing me and she unconsciously curled into me. Pulling her blanket over both of us, I rested my chin on the top of her head, wound my arms around her small body and fell asleep.

I woke up to the sound of clicks and giggles that sounded like Willas. I tugged Kamryn closer to my body.

If they wake her, they're dead.

I felt Kamryn shift in her sleep and tuck her face into my chest.

A flash went off after so I finally opened my eyes to glare at the people I call friends. Once they saw my glare they slowly started to back away. But not before Willa mouthed that she'll send me the pictures.

Not long after they all went upstairs, my phone dinged. I reached into my pocket where I left it last night and saw that Willa sent me a picture already.

I placed the picture as my home screen

I lightly kissed her forehead and she stirred awake. She slowly blinked her eyes open, her blue eyes still glazed over with sleep.

"Good morning Ryn." I said chuckling at her pouting face.

"What time is it?" She grumbled rubbing her face.

"Like ten am" I said still laying with my arms around her.

"Oh- wait Ryn?"

"Uh-yeah. If you don't like it I can come up with something else or-"

"I like it." She said, cutting off my stuttering.

"Now, can you let me go?" She said pointing to my arms that are wrapped around her tightly.

"Oh yeah." We both got up. Kamryn wrapped the around her shoulders and walked up the stairs. I followed behind her turning off the light as we went up.

Kamryn started to make her way towards the stairs. I grabbed her hand and turned her to face me.

"Where are you going?" I asked wondering why she wasn't going towards the kitchen where the groups talking could be heard from.

"To my room."

"Why? Everyone's in the kitchen. Jax probably made food." I said tugging her towards the kitchen. Jax is actually a really good cook.

"Oh okay." The tone in her voice made her sound confused.

"What's wrong?" I asked turning around so I could see her face.

"I-uh-nothing." As she said that, her eyes dropped down to the floor.

She's not telling me something.

"Kamryn, what is it?" I said grabbing her chin worth my thumb and index finger, lifting her chin so I can see her face again.

"Nothing." She said pulling away from my hold and walking into the kitchen.

I walked into the kitchen after her. I sat on the empty stool next to where Kamryn was standing leaning against the counter. She looked out of the sliding glass door that led to the backyard. Bear could be seen running around. She pushed off the counter and walked outside.

"What is she doing?" Wesley said to Conner.

"Her and Bear are like best buds." Conner replied with a shrug as he stuffed and entire pancake folded in half into his mouth.

"You and Kamryn were getting cozy last night, huh Theo." Willa teased. I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah, whatever." I said, getting up and making my way towards the back door Kamryn exited out of not too long ago.

Word count:1063
Leave a comment and vote.
Don't be a ghost reader!