chapter 13

We had just arrived back and after taking a shower, Amelia took me shopping. We bought school supplies and some more clothes, seeing as how I didn't come with much.

"What about these?" Amelia asked, holding up a pair of ripped jeans.

I nodded. She furrowed her eyebrows at me.

"Did something happen Kamryn? Out there on the island? Conner told me you wouldn't talk to anybody."

I gave no response. She took that as her answer. She walked over a gave me hug. We continued our shopping day.

That night was a hard one. I was too scared to close my eyes, thinking he would be there in my head.

I was prepared when my alarm went off so I immediately pressed the button to turn it off and got ready for my first day at my new high school. I got dressed, brushed my teeth and my hair, and put on some light, simple makeup.

I went downstairs and grabbed a banana

I went downstairs and grabbed a banana. Conner came down shortly after and grabbed a frozen waffle from the freezer and popped it in the toaster.

"Ready for your first day?" He asked, leaning against the counter.

I nodded and tossed my banana peel into the trash can. His waffle popped up and he tossed it on a paper plate and grabbed his bag and keys.

"Alright, let's go Kam." We walked out to his silver Jeep.

"Have you thought about joining the school cheer team?" He asked as he reversed out of the driveway.

I shook my head at the idea. Popular mean girls usually take over cheer teams in high school. Probably not my style.

"I know you don't want to. But at least talk to me Kam. I can't stand the silence from you." His hands gripped the steering wheel tightly.

He seemed upset. Probably angry at me.

"I-I'm sorry." I stuttered out. I looked down at my hands, tapping my fingers together. The car stopped and I looked up to see that we've arrived at the school.

"For what?" He asked, turning to face me.

"For making you mad at me by not talking." I dropped my head back down as I mumbled.

"Hey, Hey, I'm not mad at you. Okay?" He said.

"Okay." I replied unsure.

He got out and I followed suit. I grabbed my bag and he met me at the front of the car. Swinging an arm around my shoulder, he guided me into the school and towards the office where I got my schedule and textbooks. Conner walked me to my locker so I can put some books in and said he'll be right back.

Multiple clicks of heels made their way towards me. I turned around after someone tapped on my shoulder.

"Hey, I'm Tori." A girl with dyed red hair introduced herself.