chapter 17

Theo and I walked into the school side by side. He dropped me off at my locker and said he'd meet me over at Willa's locker, which is apparently the designated meeting spot in the morning. I traded my binders out and grabbed what I needed for my first few classes and was about to shit my locker door when someone beat me to it. I turned around to see not only Tori, but the guy from yesterday standing behind her.

"Who do you think you are?" She seethes.

"U-um is s-something wrong?"

"Y-Yes!" She screamed, mocking my stutter. "You think you can just walk right into my school and take my spot on the cheer team and take the attention from my boyfriend!"

"Boyfriend?" I asked.

"Theo!" She screeched. I might need a hearing aid after all this screaming. A small circle began to form around us.

"And I got a fucking shiner because of you!" The blonde guy yelled, stepping closer to me. I can now see that he does in fact, have a black eye.

I stepped back and pressed myself into the locker away from him. The action not going unnoticed by Tori.

"What? Scared of guy?" She teased.

"Garrett, why don't you get closer to our little new girl here?" She said, turning to him.

He took another step closer and I felt my hands begin to shake.

"You gotta be one hell of a prude to be afraid of being close to a guy." Tori said through her laughter.

Garrett was now right next to me, his chest almost touching my shoulder. I squeezed my eyes shut and tried to stop the arising panic attack. But when Garrett put his arm around my shoulder, physically touching me, I felt my lungs squeeze all of the air out of me.

Tears filled my eyes and dropped down my face.

"What the fuck is your problem freak?" Tori said, still laughing like a hyena.

"Hey! Get your hands off of her!"

Garrett was torn away from me and small arms pulled me away from the chaos. I opened my eyes and ran with Amber to the bathroom. I swung the door open and collapsed on the tiled floor and Amber checked all the stalls and made sure no one was in here. She sat down next to me and rubbed my back.

"You're okay." She repeated. After a few minutes, my breathing rate was getting back to normal, only needing to take a deep breath every so often. Ambers phone rang from her back pocket and she answered it.

"In the bathroom."

"The one by Ms.Delbury's room."

And then she hung up.

"They're on their way." She said and wrapped an arm around me. She pulled me into a side hug.

"W-Who?"

"Conner and the rest of the group."

After she said that the bathroom door slammed against the wall and four people rushed in. Everyone but Willa. A few seconds later she jogged through the door.

"You guys. Run. Fast." She said between gasps.

Conner dropped down to his knees in front of me.

"Want to go home?" He asked softly.

I shook my head.

"Why not?"

I leaned my head back against the wall and held back even more tears. I took long, deep breaths.

"Okay. Everyone out." Conner said, pushing himself up. He helped Amber up and shut the door after everyone left.

"Are you sure you don't want to go home?" He asked again.

I nodded my head and kept my eyes shut tightly.

Why do you always cry so damn much?

"Why?"

Because I'm weak.

"No you're not." Conner stated and sat down beside me.

I must've said the answer to both questions out loud.

"You've been through some tough shit. And you just need time to recover, to get better." He said and nudged my shoulder with his.

I blew air and nodded. I stood up and walked to the mirror above the sink. I'm glad I didn't wear makeup today or else I would have mascara running down my face. I wiped my face of tears and went into a stall to blow my nose.

Conner and I left the bathroom and he walked me to my class. First period had already started and everyone went to class. This is the class I share with Garrett.

When we arrived at the door, I grabbed Conners arm.

"W-What if he does something again?"

"I had the teacher move his seat across the room." He said. He gave one of my braids a playful tug and walked off.

I took a deep breath and opened the door. My teacher nodded to my seat and I quickly walked to it. I sat down and looked at the seat next to me, which was now empty. I let out a sigh of relief and started doing the work that was handed to me once I sat down.

Can't go one day without a meltdown can you?

The small voice in the back of mind was getting annoying now, constantly bringing me down.

I plopped down in my seat next to Theo at the lunch table and resting my elbows on the table and my chin on my hands. I felt Theos eyes on my face but I kept my gaze down. I bit my lower lip, pinching the skin between my teeth.

Theo reached over ad used his thumb to free my lip from my teeth. He leaned over and whispered in my ear.

"That makes me want to kiss you."

I blush and hide my face in my arms.

Someone drops a tray on the table so I lift my head slightly. Conner raises his eyebrow slightly.

"You okay, Kam?"

I nod and drop my head again. After a few minutes, all the blush leaves my face and I sit up.

Theo smirks at me but I ignore him. Willa's phone pings from on the table and she checks it and starts bouncing in her seat.

"What?" Jax asked her.

"There's a party tomorrow night!" She squeals.

"Okay and?"

"And we're all going!" She declares.

"Since when?" Conner said.

"Since now, duh. Gosh Conner keep up." She huffs and rolls her eyes. She props her elbows on the table.

"Okay so Kamryn, we'll get ready at your house, so I'll come over around 6 since the party is at 8, and we'll leave around 8:30."

"O-okay."

Theo turned to me.

"Do you want to go Ryn?" He asked softly.

I shrug. "W-why not?"

"Then why are you stuttering?"

I shrug and mess with the edge of my shorts.

"Kamryn. What's wrong?" He asks, scooting his chair closer.

"W-what if s-something happens?"

"You're scared." He states. I look around and see everyone busy in their own conversations.

I nod shyly.

"If you want to go, then I'll be with you all night. I won't leave alone for even a second. Okay?"

"Okay."

Word count:1181
I'm suffering from severe writers block.
Comment and vote!!