{four}

I see you and I'm trying
To come back from where I've been
But I don't know the way back home
Come and find me

I'm no runaway
This is just a game I play
I want you to find me
I think I've gone too far
Please don't leave me in the dark
Come and find me

-Maisy Stella, "Come and Find Me."

k e n z i e

"Thank you all so much for being here tonight! I'm so happy to be back onstage performing." I grin and hug the microphone close to my chest. "I haven't done a performance in a while, so I'm so glad that we could do this pop up show."

The crowd cheers, and I look backstage at Hayden. He gives me a thumbs up. Turning back to the crowd, I raise my eyebrows at them.

"So, do you wanna hear some music now? Or should I keep talking?"

The crowd shouts, "Sing!!!" and I can't help but laugh.

"Okay, then. The first song I'm going to sing for you is a song I wrote a while ago." I look back and grin at my backup dancers, Jayden and Saryna. "You know when life is going super fast and you barely have time to do the things you want to? Life doesn't always go the way you wish it did. Sometimes, you just gotta-"

"BREATHE!" A group of fans scream, interrupting me, and I chuckle.

"-well, yes. Breathe." Easier said than done, though. If only I could breathe when life comes crashing down on me. Pushing those thoughts out of my head, I nod at the sound guy backstage, and the music starts.

I really enjoy this song, especially because I get to dance with it, and I love our choreography.

Some of the lyrics are hard to sing, though. I wish I could live out what I write, but life isn't like that.

"Lost and confused and thinking that you can't take anymore. No, no, no, don't worry 'bout nothing, oh, it's all gonna be good. Oh whoa whoa whoa you're really something, now didn't cha know that you could?"

But I can't take anymore. It's not all good. I can't.

The cheering crowd brings me back to reality. I'm standing on stage, and the song just ended. I somehow finished the song. Focus, Kenzie, focus.

"Th-thank you...! Thank you guys so much." I blink quickly and smile. "Uh, that was...um, i mean thanks." I bite my lip awkwardly. I glance backstage and see Hayden nodding at me to go on.

"Uh, so for this next song, I'm going to invite one of my good friends-", there are some playful scoffs from the crowd, and I laugh.

"-up to the stage with me to sing this next song. We wrote it together, and with your guys' help, it hit over 1 million hits in ONE DAY. You guys are amazing, so thank you so much." I jokingly put on a thinking face and ask, "So, who am I inviting onstage again? I think I forg-"

"HAYDEN!!!"

A smile plays at my lips. "Who?"

"HHAAYYYYDDENNN!!!!!" They scream even louder, and I laugh.

"Okay, fine, only because you asked, let's welcome Hayden Summerall to the stage!" I look backstage and beckon him on.

He gives me a hug as he comes on, and the crowd screams as our song starts playing.

~~~

"I love you so much."

"I love you too!" I give the fan a hug, and then pose for a selfie with her. The concert ended pretty uneventfully, and now i'm doing a quick meet and greet.

She moves on to take a picture with Hayden, and another fan comes up.

"Hi!" I greet her, giving her a hug. "What's your name?"

"Faith." She grins and bounces up and down with excitement.. "I'm a HUGE fan."

"Aw, thanks. I really appreciate people like you."

Shyly, she adds, "I'm crystalstribes and editingfaith on Instagram, by the way."

"Nice! I'll look you up after and maybe give you a follow!" I reach into my pocket and pull out my phone. "Actually, I'll just look you up now."

Faith bites her lip, trying to keep her excitement in. "Oh my gosh, thank you so much."

"Editingfaith and...crystalstribes?" I confirm, typing it into my search page.

"Uh-huh."

I tap the follow button on her profile and turn my phone to her so she can see. "Done."

"Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, thank you so much. I love you. Like I adore you."

A smile crosses my face. "Of course! I love you too!"

"Can I ask you two questions?"

"Sure." I laugh.

"Um, so are you dating Hayden? Or do you like him?"

Chuckling, I look over at Hayden and say, "Well...no, not really. He's an amazing friend, but we partnered together only because his dad is my manager and Hayden's career wasn't doing too well. I mean, both of ours weren't...but we've grown a lot as friends recently, but, to answer your question, no."

"Good." Faith giggles.

"What?" I ask, amused.

"Oh, never mind."

"No, I'm interested to hear what you think." I laugh.

"I...I don't really know." she hesitates. "I just kinda feel like he's the 'player' type."

I chuckle. "Okay, i'll keep that in mind."

"Okay, my second question." Faith says, moving on.

"Go for it."

"Was...was that actually you in the video that went viral?" Quickly, she adds, "I don't think it was. And even if it was, I'd still stan you."

I bite my lip nervously as my heart picks up speed. Faith notices this, and quickly says, "I'm sorry...if you don't want to talk about it, that's fine."

"No, no," I say quickly. Taking a breath, I go on. "It was me. But...I wasn't drunk."

Faith waits politely for me to go on.

"I..." I stop and look her in the eye. "You can't tell anyone this. I have really bad anxiety problems. I was having a panic attack."

She pauses, processing it all, and then says, "People deserve to know. I mean, depression is a really serious thing, and they shouldn't be making fun of you for it. Especially if they don't know what's actually going on."

I stay silent, looking down at the ground.

"Can I tell people?" Faith pleads softly.

"Maybe someday." I say slowly. "I'm just not ready for that yet."

"I understand." Faith smiles. "Take your time."

+
+
+
+
+
+
+
+
+
+
+
+

a/n: purplefacey you'll have more cameos too hahah ;)