{nineteen}

Sometimes we forgive

And sometimes we forget
Sifting through the worries
Of what hasn't happened yet
Love will hold it all

Love can hold it all
Oh love can hold it all
The broken and the mended
The hearts within these walls
Love can hold us all

- Lennon and Maisy Stella, "Love Can Hold It All"

k e n z i e

"Mackenzie!" I hear someone shout loudly behind me. Glancing quickly behind me, I see a group of people waving behind me.

I'm exhausted from a full day of meetings and interviews, so I'm definitely not in the mood for talking to fans. Facing front again, I walk quickly back to my car.

"Mackenzie Ziegler!!" They call again, and I can hear feet pounding on the sidewalk as they begin to chase after me.

Goodness gracious, I thought wearing a hat and sunglasses would have disguised me well enough.

I speed up a little, and round the corner to head into the parking garage.

"Mackenzie!! Please take a picture with me!!"

Rolling my eyes, I slow down as the voices catch up to me.

"Hi, Mackenzie!!"

Reluctantly, I turn around to be assailed by a slough of wild fans.

"Hi!" One girl throws her arms around me and squeezes me tightly. I quickly hug her back and then gently push her back.

People have told me I need a bodyguard or just an assistant, but I never thought I needed one.

"Pictures, please?" Another girl squeals, shoving her phone at my face and holding down the camera button.

"Do you have a boyfriend?"

"Who was that guy you were at Disney with that one time?"

"What even happened with thoss nudes?"

"What happened with you and Hayden?"

"Did Hayden dump you?"

Oh, God, no. I can feel the familiar feeling rising in me.

Deep breaths, I can almost hear Johnny saying. I try to inhale slowly, but the loud voices and the people pressing against me isn't helping me.

Please tell me this isn't happening.

I thought I was rid of my anxiety.

It never gets better, huh.

"Mackenzie! Are you ignoring us?" One girl shouts in my face, waving her phone at me wildly.

"N-no." I stammer, trying to calm my heart rate. "Can you please...can I have some...s-space-"

"Oh my gosh are you okay?" Five voices chorus at once.

"Omg, do you need a doctor?"

"Stop!" I say loudly, pushing one girl away. She stumbles back and almost falls. The group of girls gasps.

"Hey! What the heck?"

"I need some space-" I stagger away, trying to keep my vision in focus. The sinking, falling, dying feeling returns stronger, and I feel like I'm being choked. Faintly, I hear the girls continue shouting at me, and suddenly there's an hand on my arm pulling me back.