{twelve}

My fears are safe here
Holding your hand
When I'm broken,
You put me back together again

All that I once was,
All I could be,
When I've forgotten,
Baby you remind me,

When I get the feeling,
That my prayers have hit the ceiling,
On those darker days,
When my faith has lost all meaning,
You keep me believing

- Lennon Stella, Charles Esten, "Believing"

j o h n n y

Kenzie throws her head back and laughs, a joyful sound that warms the atmosphere.

"Did you really dance in the street in an Eyore onesie?"

I roll my eyes. "Yes."

"Recreate it for me." Her eyes sparkle in a way I've never seen before.

"Well, I don't have an onesie," I say, laughing. "I guess I can't do it. ToO bad."

"Then buy one!" Kenzie insists. "We're not at Disneyland for NOTHING."

"What? See, that's what we're not gonna do." I pull against Kenzie, who's tugging my arm towards a Disney shop.

"Pleaseeee," Kenzie begs, giving me puppy dog eyes.

I laugh. "Why do you want to see me humiliate myself so badly?"

"I just do, okay. Do it." She smirks. "I'll even BUY it for you."

"Okay, but on one condition."

"What." Kenzie puts her hands on her hips, making a face at me.

"You have to buy a matching piglet one and we'll dance in the street together."

"No! Do you know how much hate I'm gonna get for that?" Kenzie frowns, but her eyes are still laughing.

I sigh. "Today is about forgetting and not caring about what anyone thinks."

"Okay, then let's do it!" Kenzie giggles and I inwardly breathe a sigh of relief. Thank God this is going well.

We go into the Disney store, and Kenzie immediately finds the onesies.

"Here's one." She holds up a Pluto onesie, complete with long floppy ears. I laugh and hold up a grey Bugs Bunny one.

"That's so big," Kenzie laughs. "It wouldn't even fit you."

"Excuse me?"

Kenzie collapses into a giggling fit. "I'm kidding."

"Here's the Winnie the Pooh ones," I say, tossing her an obnoxiously pink striped piglet onesie. "It's time for you to hold up your end of the bargain."

"YOU TOO." Kenzie finds the Eyore onesies on the rack and motions magnanimously to them.

We find ones our size and Kenzie pays for them. Then we find bathrooms to put them on in. I can't believe I agreed to this, but if it helps Kenzie have fun today, I'll do it.

Kenzie laughs out loud when I come out of the bathroom, and I feel my face turn red.

"Hey, you don't look too smart yourself," I counter, laughing.

"Oh yes I do," Kenzie giggles. "I look like a beautiful pink...um, PIG. A cute pig."

"I don't think that's a thing." I roll my eyes, but quickly correct myself. "I mean, I guess you look pretty cute."