2

"Woah! What happened to you?"
Markus couldn't help but to stiffen up when he heard sarcasm in Josh's voice. He'd been caught. "Yea Markus, you should run a system diagnostic."
Simon said walking past the group

Markus wanted to self destruct

He wasn't stupid he knew Simon was being sarcastic...
Right?.. hopefully.

Markus couldn't tell anymore. Simon usually wasn't the joking type so Markus didn't know how to react.

"I'm fine!"
Markus finally blurted out. "You guys needed something?" He asked trying desperately to change the topic.

"Glad you asked, the humans think we're peaceful thanks to the demonstration we did, so the senate highly suggests that we conference with the-"

"What he means is that we need to go talk with the president to sort this shit out." North cut in. Josh gave her a dirty look, and North smirked and snickered toward him.

North was a very attractive android, and none would disagree. Not even Markus. He would be lying to himself if he said he didn't find North attractive. And North seemed to take interest in Markus. Any normal android would take the opportunity face forward but Markus never found himself attracted to North in that type of way. He felt that every android wanted them to be a couple, but he wasn't really into her. Of course he still thought of her as a friend, and a good friend for that matter.

While North and Josh continued exchanging insults and stares, Markus rolled his eyes and looked around scanning the church. He wasn't really looking for anything in particular.
He soon stopped on Simon only to find him in standby mode. He looked so peaceful and calm. Markus was happy that Simon wasn't paranoid anymore. Prior to the demonstration, Simon was hesitant of going anywhere outside of Jericho. He was so paranoid that he couldn't have a proper standby session in fear that police would find where they were, and kill them.

Markus noted the way his hair shimmered against the light streaks bleeding from the halfway boarded up windows of the church. Simon's eyes weren't open but Markus could imagine them. That was the very first thing he noticed about him. Yes, Markus had seen androids with blue eyes before, but the way his radiated with fear and uncertainty caught Markus's attention when they first met.
His baby blue eyes reminded him of Carl's painting. Maybe that's also why it stood out to him so much.

That was Carl's favorite color

Blue

He would use it in almost every painting, and if not blue then a color with blue mixed into it. Blue was a primary color and considering everything Carl had taught him, he wasn't surprised he used it on every painting.
He especially used it on the last painting he made before he-

"Markus!" North snapped a finger in front of his face and Markus was back in reality.

"Sorry- I uh~ dozed off there." He smiled awkwardly tying to lighten the mood as he always would. Markus made it sound like he wasn't doing anything but deep down he knew he was guilty of examining Simon's standby body.

"Are you comin' or are you just gonna keep looking in that direction?" She pointed to where Simon was sitting. She didn't say it, but made it very clear that she knew what Markus was looking at.

Once again, the warm blood the circulated his body arose and traveled in every crevice of his face. Not because North had caught him, but because of the way North's tone sounded, almost jealous...