16

Markus could not think of anyone that he knew that could've done this to him, or any android for that matter. Maybe he was wrong, maybe this wasn't done on purpose. He started to put everything that was once inside of him back to its designated area, he then shut his chest cavity and got up out of his seat. Markus had a hard time staying still and always aspired to be doing something at all times, he didn't want to just sit their and wait for North and Josh so he started walking around the church, exploring places he never got a chance to. He was wandering for a while and found a storage closet filled with dusty brooms and cleaning supplies.

He began to think about something. Why not? He shrugged and took a broom out of the closet. He walked back  to the room he activated and started to sweep the floors. Nostalgia came rushing back to him, he began to remember the mornings that he woke Carl up for breakfast, the moments when he took him to the bathroom, the moment when Carl challenged him to a game of chess and Markus kept on wining so to make it up to Carl he swept the studio floor. They were good memories. Markus checked his internal clock. 6:55a.m. It was still pretty early, Markus had nothing better to do so he continues to sweep. At some point Markus started hearing giggling coming from the doorway. He voluntarily stopped what he was doing and looked over at to where the noise was coming from.

It was Simon giggling, when he noticed Markus staring he covered his mouth. "Er- sorry.." Markus could barely make out what he was saying because his voice was so muffled. "What's so funny?" Markus asked with an eyebrow raised. "It's just, the way your holding the broom.."

"Yea.. what about it?"

"Your supposed to hold it from the middle." Markus looked at his hands and then to the broom. He gave Simon a look of distress. Simon giggled once again and walked over to him. "I'll help you." He took Markus' hands that were placed on the end cap of the broom, to the middle of the broom handle. "See? Makes it much easier to do it." Markus started to sweep to see if he was right. And he sure damn was. "I don't understand.. Carl never acknowledged that I was sweeping holding the broom the wrong way." Markus took a couple more seconds to think about it. "Why were you sweeping anyway?" Markus laid the broom on the wall. "I got bored I guess.." Simon gave him an eye squint. "You, young man are still suppose to be in standby." Shit. Markus gave him an awkward smile. "Yea about that.." Markus was going to tell him somebody was tampering with his system, he was going to. But he couldn't, he didn't want him to worry. So he lied instead.

"I got enough charge for the night." Markus gave another smile. "Sure.."

"What about you?" Simon gulped. "What do you mean?" Markus gave him a 'you know exactly what I mean' look. Simon paused. "I- I couldn't deactivate." Markus didn't say another word. "My system didn't allow it for some reason." Suddenly something became clear to Markus, he started seeing something in Simon's face. Something that he's seen in every deviant's face.

Fear.

He was hesitant to ask, he thought that maybe if he did he would be reaching a personal level. But at the same time, It may be something important. But at the same time, it may also be nothing. He went for the causal common question. "You alright?" Simon looked dead into Markus' eyes. "Do you happen to um-" he cleared his throat. "Know how to fix a damaged biocomponent?" Markus cocked his head. "Why would you need to fi-"

"Never mind, I'll figure it out." Markus took a long stare at him. Suddenly a alert from Markus' system popped up covering half of his line of sight.

Error-29seek(:"biocomponent,!/'HMV24!/(damaged

Markus became wide eyed with fear. He now knew why Simon was feeling that way. Markus put his hands on Simon's shoulders with a tight grip. "Simon. Was you chest cavity opened when you activated?" His voice was harsh and serious. "Y-Yea.. how did you kno-" Markus grabbed Simon by the arm and basically dragged him out of the church. Once they were out, Simon pulled his hand out of Markus grip. "Markus! Whats the matter with you?!"

"The reason I know that is because my chest cavity was opened as well." Simon was not in fear at this point, he was petrified. "What are you saying?" Markus wanted to explain, he wanted to explain it all, but just not right this second. Simon was not planning on going anywhere though, Markus had to try to find a way to force him and fast. "Simon, we may be in danger! I can't lose you! Please!" Markus took Simon's hand again and this time, Simon let Markus lead the way.

——————————————————
Okay this chapter is very short but I hope you guys liked it! Side note: I got my nails done and it's been hard typing lately so if there are typos anywhere in my chapters, blame it on the nails!