25

"Markus! I've been looking for you!" North tried to take a step closer but Josh pulled on her arm, causing her to stumble back. "And I told you, he's busy!" He focused his attention on Markus. "Sorry Markus, our friend North here didn't realize you were in the middle of something. Right North?" She rolled her eyes at Josh and fixated her gaze on Simon. "If you don't mind, I'll be taking him. C'mon Markus." She said as she smiled innocently. "No! Markus stay!" Josh cut in. North gave Josh a stank eye. "Ugh let me go!" She tried prying her arm away from him but Josh wouldn't budge. "Why can't you accept the fact that he wants to hang out with Simon and not you!?" North scowled at him. "You're full of shit! He's only here because he feels bad fo-"

"Enough!" Markus yelled. When he did, the atmosphere became silent. North, Josh, and Simon were all staring at him in amazement, daring to say another word. "Josh, let go of North." Josh hesitated, but soon huffed and let go. "And North, downstairs. Now." She didn't need to be told twice before she turned around and stomped down the steps. "Josh, you too." He nodded and walked down, leaving the door open behind him. When North and Josh both left, Markus breathed heavily through his nose and turned around toward Simon, who was still on the floor. His face was beat blue, and his eyes were full of bewilderment. "Sorry.." He said as he scratched the back of his neck and smiled awkwardly.

He turned back and walked halfway out of the door. "By the way." Markus turned his face halfway around, "You've got something on your face." He winked and headed down, leaving Simon staring at the door in awe having felt a taste of his own medicine.

-

When Markus entered the main auditorium of the church, he spotted North and Josh. They were all up in each others face, yelling and screaming. Their voices were louder than all of the other android's voices combined. He rolled his eyes and walked toward them. When Josh spotted him, he immediately stopped talking, North did the same after she realized the reason he stopped yelling. "You guys done?" Markus asked on edge. They both didn't say anything and just shared dirty looks. "Great, so who wants to explain to me what happened up there?" Both North and Josh started explaining their version of what had happened. Their voices were overlapping and Markus couldn't understand anything. "One at a time!"

They both huffed in frustration. "North, you first." She flipped her hair out of her face and began explaining. "I started looking for you, when I couldn't find you anywhere down here I figured you were up at the bell. I started walking up the stairs and then all of a fucking sudden he grabs my arm. He starts saying shit like 'He's busy' or 'He can't see you right now' of course me being me, I wasn't going to listen to him. He started pulling my arm, trying to drag me away but I managed to get all the way up pretty fast." She smirked. "I guess I'm stronger than I look, huh Josh?"

"North you b-"

"That's enough! Josh, explain." Josh sighs through his nose and looks to the side. He doesn't say anything for a couple of seconds. "Couldn't think of an excuse?" Mocks North. Josh looks like he wanted to go off but him knowing better, he keeps his cool. "Well, Simon and I were chatting while you guys were away. He told me some stuff and I figured that you and him needed to address some things.. Alone!" He then eyed North and she scoffs. "I thought you were more creative than that Josh." Markus ignores North's snarky comment and keeps his full attention on Josh. "North will you give us a minute."

"You have to be joking?" Markus gives her a look and she rolls her eyes. "Fine!" She stomps away to the RT600 model she always hangs out with when she's not looking for Markus. When he knows she's a reasonable distance, he continues. "What kind of stuff were you guys talking about?"

"Oh no, no, no, no. Ask Simon, don't ask me." He crosses his arms and breathes heavily. "C'mon Josh, please! Aren't we friends?" Markus coos. He shakes his head rapidly. "Yes, but I'm also loyal. If Simon didn't already tell you then he doesn't want you to know yet!" Markus sighs and pouts. "Fine." Josh gets closer to Markus and whispers "But I'm sorry about the whole thing, Simon told me to not tell you were he was but I knew you guys needed to clear the air. I hope I.. we didn't ruin a moment." Markus frowns. "I take it that you know about everything then..?" Josh nodded slowly and Markus slumped down onto one of the closest seats, groaning. "I don't know what to do, Josh.. He's so.. complicated." Josh took a seat next to Markus. "Well it's Simon we're talking about, he's always been complicated."

Markus chuckles. He knew that for a fact. His lack of social skills made it hard for him to open up, it also made him awkward at times but that's one of the things Markus adored about him. "What do you think I should do?" Josh hums for a second. "Right now, he's confused. When he was talking to me it sounded as if he didn't know what he wanted. It might seem hopeless right now, but don't give up on him. He'll come around." Markus smiles. "You think?"

"Yea! He's probably still in denial because of the fact that someone like you has fallen in love with someone like him." Markus' smile became wider and he stood up. "Thanks Josh." Josh nodded. "You should go, he's probably waiting for you." Markus chuckled and made his way toward the stairs. "I wouldn't count on it!"

__________________________________________________________________________

Have yall SEEN how consistent I've been updating?! Honestly im kinda proud of myself. Watch the streak end after this chapter.. lemme not jinx it.

Ok i gotta take a piss, i hope you all enjoyed this chapter. *insert heart emojis*