27

"Alright.. you should be ok now.." Markus saw pop up warnings telling him someone was tampering with his system. He dismissed them like he always would. "Ok, check yourself again." Markus closed his eyes and did a self-analysis. "It's all good." Simon sighed in relief. "Now you need to go into standby." Markus' eyebrows furrowed in dismay. "Why?" He pouted like a baby. Simon closes his chest and put his shirt back down. "Well for one, the only way for your body to fully repair itself is if that's where all your energy is going. And two, you kinda need it. Well, you and I both." He giggles nervously. "Stay here, the sun should be going down in a couple hours or so." Simon said matter of factly. "Where will you be?" Markus asked, making sure he wasn't going to get himself in trouble, which to Simon's defense, he never did. "I'm just gonna take a little walk." Simon stated calmly as he stood up. Markus was ready to object, but Simon didn't let him. "No, you can't come. You're staying here and you're gonna be fully charged tomorrow." Markus crossed his legs and cupped his face with one hand. He huffed.

"Aww, is poor Markus mad?" Simon coed as he took a seat to fix his shoes. He smiled to himself. "Can I at least know where you're walking?" Simon propped his head up and raised his eyebrow. "Why? So when I get kidnapped you can rescue me?" Markus frowned embarrassed like. "Well.. yea!" Simon chuckled softly. He stood up and walked to the exit of the room. "Yea~ that's not happening, pretty boy." Markus remembered that name. Although he was the one who had originally came up with it he wouldn't mind Simon calling him that more often. "Just.. be careful." Markus advised. Simon smiled tenderly. "When am I not?" And then Markus was alone.

(Change of POVs real quick)

"When am I not?" Simon smiles and leaves the room. Simon hoped that he would actually go into standby and not sit around, waiting for him. He was so close to the gates of Jericho before he heard a feminine voice call out his name, bitterly. "Oh Simon!.." He turned his head and found North trotting toward him. Simon groaned and slowly but surly turned around. "Yes!.. North what is it?" She smirked at him, sending a weird feeling down Simon's back. "You and Markus seem to be good friends." Simon eyed her suspiciously. "What about it?" She skipped his question and went straight into her own. "Where you headed?" Simon knew it wouldn't be a good idea to tell her. "Why?"

"Just figured it must be a special place since you're going without Markus." Simon was so done with North's shit. She would talk and stare and he was sick of it. "North, if you have something you wanna tell me, I'm all ears." Anger started forming on her face. She shook her head. "Nope.." She gritted her teeth as if she was holding something back. North stood silent before she went off. "Okay fine! But you asked for it. See Simon, my problem is the fact that I've loved Markus ever since he suggested the idea we go to the Cyberlife warehouse to get biocomponents and blue blood. Since that day I couldn't stop thinking about him. I wanted to protect him and help him lead our people to freedom so one day, him and I could be happy together! That was my plan, until a couple days ago. Somethings changed in him. He started hanging out and talking to you more often! At first I thought you two were finally connecting as friends. I was happy. That was until I realized something wasn't right! I'd overhear conversations between you two in that room and I knew it was something much.. different!" North was ranting so fast she had to stop and catch her breath. She inhaled, and continued.

"I'd hope and pray that it was temporary, and that he would stop talking to you. Nope! Never happened. And when he started missing meetings, I realized that it was getting out of hand and I needed to step in. Of course that didn't stop you two from always talking! I loved him, Simon. I would do anything for him, I thought he felt the same way for me. I thought he wanted to be with me!" Tears started pouring from her eyes. North was crying. Simon was shocked. North never cried. She began sobbing into her sleeves. "I thought he loved me!" Simon was paralyzed. He couldn't help but to feel bad for her, he knew the feeling of rejection much too well. Simon hesitantly wrapped his hands around her.

He felt her try to pull away, but she soon gave in and hugged him back. "I-I'm so sorry, North.." He stammered. He wanted to continue, but Simon knew North wasn't one for apologizes. "Jesus.. it felt so nice to finally say that out loud.." She broke their hug and wiped her eyes. "Listen Simon, this doesn't mean anything. Ok?" Simon smiled and nodded. "Of course, North." Without a second to spare, he turned back around and exited the church.

____________________________________
This ones pretty short but take it cause it's just a filler for the next chapter, hopefully I make it to the juicy shit by then.
Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this chapter💞💗💖❤️💕💓❤️