10

Simon activated from standby. Surprisingly, Markus was nowhere to be found. Simon couldn't feel or sense anyone next to him. He figured Markus had gone with North and Josh to their next board meeting. They usually left around 9 or 10 am. Simon checked his internal clock, it was 6:01am. They would never leave that early and the meeting wouldn't be held at this time.

So where was Markus?

Simon opened his eyes and was greeted by darkness, only the light from the moon was illuminating the room. Simon turned on his night vision to try and find his way around the church. There was nowhere really to go here, so the only place Simon imagined Markus would go was upstairs - to the bell -

Simon started to the stairs. While he was heading up he began to think of why Markus would go up there. The only times he would go there was to think or 'de-stress ' as he would like to call it. Once he got to the door, he stopped. He could here humming coming from the other side of the door.

Was Markus.... singing?

He could barley hear a word Markus was saying. The words he could make out consisted of; *humming* little while *humming* hold *humming* longer

Simon recognized that song. Lucy would always sing it in the freighter. Simon never really found out what happened to her, and to this day wonders what she would be doing. Simon wasn't sure if he should intrude on him, but something in Simon's gut told him it was okay (Simon understood that he didn't really have a gut, but saying it made him feel more human)
He hesitantly opened the door, once he did the humming immediately stopped and Markus was turned to look at Simon.
"There you are." Simon tried sounding surprised as if he didn't just hear Markus singing. "Hey... why are you out of standby so early?"

"I could ask you the same thing, Markus" He didn't have an answer for that. "I- er.. I was fully charged.. didn't need it anymore I guess.." Simon gave Markus a look, he wanted to believe him. But something in Simon said otherwise.

"Right.."
A good second passes

"And you?" Simon didn't actually know why or what activated him, "You weren't fully charged, were you? What's the actual reason you activated?" After Simon said that, guilt instantly flushed over him. He felt like the way he phrased it and his tone made it sound like he was forcing Markus to tell him.

"I'm sorry, you don't have to tell me.."

Ever since the first time Markus and Simon interfaced, Markus had been wanting to do it again. To know more about Simon. Markus wanted to tell Simon what was keeping him up. He wanted to tell him what was the matter. Something was holding him back, something Markus couldn't quite define. Maybe it was Markus' ability to recuperate those memories. Maybe Markus just couldn't talk about it, so he thought blocking them out was for the best. We block out the things we can't face, and Markus couldn't face the problem.

"I was having a dream- more like a nightmare about my past owner..." Just because Markus was a machine, doesn't mean he couldn't dream. If an android had an emotional shock, that emotional shock stays in the system as a 'virus' and can attack when in standby mode. "It's nothing serious really..."

"Do you want to talk about it?"

"It's just-" Markus paused, he didn't know how to explain what he was feeling or thinking. He knew he had so much to say, he had so many emotions bottled up inside him. The only problem was he didn't know to verbally express them. "I just miss him, that's all..." Markus started to recall flash backs to the junkyard. He could see all those other androids, disassembled and slowly deactivating. He was one of the luckier ones, but the only thing Markus could think of when he remembered the junkyard was; what if I didn't make it out? I could've helped those other androids. It ate at him everytime.

He couldn't take the pressure of holding everything inside him, even though he didn't know how to let it out, which only made it worse. A pool of blue blood started forming around Markus' heterochromatic eyes, soon spilling out to his cheeks. Markus began crying.

As for Simon-he stood there in awe- Yes he was a caretaker android and he knew how to deal with crying humans, but crying androids- Simon wasn't programmed to deal with that. He wanted to use the protocol in his software that would help crying adults to make them feel better, but Simon couldn't. He didn't want to treat Markus like he treated every other human that came across him. After all he was alive now and could make his own choices.

Simon got closer to Markus and wrapped him in a tight embrace. It didn't take long for Markus to return the hug, it only made Markus' sobbing more intense. Neither of them had to say anything, all they knew in that moment was that Markus needed Simon, and Simon was there for Markus.

What felt like an eternity to Simon - which he wasn't complaining - of more crying, Markus finally was able to calm himself down enough to speak. "I'm sorry.." Markus' voice was faint. Simon didn't know exactly why he was apologizing, so he stood silent hoping that Markus would explain himself which to Simon's luck, he did. "I'm sorry you have to see me like this. I'm sorry-"

"Markus-" Simon let go of the hug and put his hands on Markus' shoulders. He never noticed how broad his shoulders felt, like a true leader. "For rA9's sake, stop apologizing to me all the time." Simon was trying his very best to maintain eye contact with Markus, but since his protocol wasn't the one telling him what to do, it was harder than usual. "What's important is that your here now and-"

"No." Markus began shaking his head, completely disagreeing with Simon's words. "No, no you don't get it." Simon wasn't sure at what Markus was talking about. What didn't he get? "What are you talking about.?" Was the only thing that popped up in Simon's head. "Yesterday..-" Markus tried forcing the thought of regret back down his throat, trying his best to get the words out. "I forced you to do something you didn't want to do. I need to apologize for that. I need to apologize for even thinking about leaving you back at that Tower.! So I'm sorry, Simon! I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I'm sorr-"

-Simon needed to find a way to make Markus shut up. Nothing he was saying was true, it was Simon's fault for reacting the way he did to those things and making him feel guilty. It was Simon's fault that Markus believed Simon needed to be apologized to. He couldn't bare to hear those words coming out of Markus himself, the one reason he's still up and running. Simon had to think quick.-

Before Markus had a chance to continue, Simon's mouth was already locked onto Markus'. The reasoning behind this was very unclear to Simon.
It seemed that kissing Markus made him shut up. His plan had seemed to work because Markus stopped talking. Simon was happy... for the first second of silence, that was until he realized what he had been doing that caused it.

Shit..

——————————————————
Alright bitches I know how much you all love the fluffy gay Markus and Simon moments so here's your food, eat up!💗💕💘💖💞💓❤️