33

Okay y'all, the time has come. I was planning to spread it out throughout more chapters but I decided to make the story end in one. I just want to say thank you all so much. The support you've all shown me with this book is unbelievable. I seriously can't say thank you enough. I will be starting another book shortly. It'll either be another simarkus book orrr a reed900 book. Probably reed900 but I'll figure it out later. Also the ending will probably be really confusing, so sorry about that. But please enjoy the cute stuff at the end and what happens after the mission is up to your imagination. So nonetheless, I present you the last chapter of 'Compatibility'. Enjoy❤️
——————————————————
Markus calculated how much time it would take until the android spotted them. It would be around six seconds until their plan was foiled. He reached for the gun Connor had given him and Simon, but realized shooting the android was not the best option. There was no where they could hide. "Kitchen!" Markus sent Connor a message. When Markus knew he had received it and understood, he grabbed Simon's arm and dragged him down the stairs. He glanced behind him, making sure Connor was following. Markus led them exactly where he said they were going. The kitchen. He swung the door open and dragged Simon in, holding it open for Connor and Hank. When they were all there, Markus gently but quickly closed it. Hank was gasping for breath, and Connor was beside trying to calm him down. He immediately held his breath, as loud footsteps could be heard from above. Markus creaked the door open slightly, giving him a good view of the bottom stairs. A couple seconds passed until he saw a tall, masculine figure. Markus thought that was Zlatko, but immediately disregarded the though when he noticed his LED.

It walked toward the room with a fireplace, then began walking back up the stairs with a tray of food. "Hurry up, Nezbit!"

"Coming, Zlatko." Markus wasn't very good at identifying android models, but it was obvious this was a male Traci from the Eden Club. (The building was destroyed after the revolution) Markus turned back toward Hank and Connor. "We know where he is, now he just have to find proof that he's doing illegal stuff." He whispered. A smile was prying it's way towards Connor's lips. He couldn't help it, the term 'Illegal stuff' was amusing to him. He gulped and signaled them to follow him. He slowly opened the door, and creeped back up the stairs as Simon, Markus and Hank followed. He was hunched forward, using the railing as some sort of cover. "Thank you, Nezbit." Markus heard metal scraping against each other as wires buzzed. He turned his head to check if everyone was still behind him, Markus noticed Gavin and Nines walking up the stairs to join them. He made eye contact with Nines. Nines nodded sternly, and Markus focused his attention back onto getting up the stairs. They were able to walk up the second set without making a single noise, which gave Markus hope. When they were at the top, Connor held up his fist, everyone stopped moving. He crept closer to a room he noticed had no door.

Connor glued his back to the wall and took a deep breath. He then peeked slightly to the other side. Zlatko had been too busy eating his food, he didn't notice him. Markus noticed a table with an android on it. It had been mangled, and destroyed. There was blue blood covering the floor. Connor pointed two of his fingers to the door next to the room where Zlatko was. "I'm going in, there is another door behind him. Cover the back." Nines began doing as Connor had told him, and Gavin followed his lead. "Markus, we're taking the front." Connor looked over at Hank and gave him a look that said everything that needed to be said. Markus then turned over to Simon. "Stay behind the wall." Markus was about to turn his attention back on Zlatko before he felt a soft hand grab his gently. "Please, be careful." Markus gave Simon a reassuring nod, and laced their fingers together not letting go. He didn't want Simon to be too nervous, so he held onto him. "Everyone in position." Was Connor's last words before everything went down. "Zlatko Andronikov." He quickly stopped chewing on his food and turned around. "You're under arrest for breaking the twenty-eighth amendment of the constitution and threatening the lives of countless androids. You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be used against you in the court of l-"