5

I'm using standby mode as like sleep for androids.
——————————————————-
After 30 more minutes of Markus waiting in the office he finally catches a glimpse of Connor and an old man walking by eachother. "Connor!" Markus called out.  It took him by surprise and he stopped in his tracks trying to look for the noise source. "Markus?" He questioned. Connor walked closer to him to get a better look even though his optical unit provided him him enough view. "Ah! Markus its really you!" He ran up to him and hugged him tightly. "Yea, yea its me." Markus barley managed to say because of how squished he was. "How have you been? Are you doing alright?" He asked as he let Markus go. "Yea, I've been doing great actually. I um.. I came here to ask you something."

Connor gave a confused look and looked over to the man next to him. Then Markus recalled what Connor had told him. After the demonstration, Markus got a chance to get to know Connor. One of the things they talked about was the most important people in their lives. Connor mentioned an old man that acted like a father to him. "You're Hank, aren't you?" Markus stretched his his hand towards Hank to shake it. Hank shook it. "Connor has told me a lot about you."

Hank smiled. "Oh, have ya Connor? You go around talkin' about me to all your buddies?" Connor laughs. "Of course not, Lieutenant. That would be nearly impossible considering all the androids I released were my buddies which would mean that I would have to-"

"Connor." Hank interrupted. "You're doin it again.." Connor's face turned a faint blue. "Oh, my apologies Lieutenant. Anyway, you wanted to ask me something, Markus?" He nodded. "Yea, but if you're busy I can always come back later. It's not that important." Connor stood for a second, thinking.

"We can talk on the break room if it's not a problem." Markus smiled. "Sure!" Connor looked over at Hank. He nodded and Connor began making his way towards the break room as Markus trailed behind.

"So, what is it?" Connor asked curiously. "It's probably a really dumb question, but it's about the RK series." Markus paused. "You and the Rk900 are the only other RK androids I've ever seen-"

"Nines." Connor cut in. Markus raised an eyebrow in confusion. "Oh, sorry. His original name is Conan, but Gavin -his partner- named him Nines." Connor chuckled to himself. "Anyway, you were saying?" Markus didn't know who Gavin was but didn't question the subject further.

"Well; if you, Nines, and I are prototypes, then were was or is the RK300, 400, 500, and so on?" Connor stared at Markus for a second. "I've found myself wondering that too if I'm being honest, Nines would probably know more about that than I do though." Connor continued.

"There is someone else too. But I won't get into detail with him." Markus wanted to question the subject further, but he decided to keep his mouth shut. "What about me? I'm a prototype so wouldn't there be thousands of other models ready to replace me?" Connor stared at the table, blankly. "Well, your an older model, and unlike Nines and I, you weren't designed for criminal investigations, there wasn't really a necessity to have to replace you if cyberlife could just fix you." Connor hesitated.

"Cyberlife made you as part of a secret program, aimed at elaborating a new generation of androids. But they ended up deciding to gift you to a man. That man was Carl Manfred."

Markus stared at Connor. "I know this is a very sensitive topic for you, so I won't get into detail with it." It never really bothered Markus when people mentioned Carl even after he died. What bothered him what the memories that it spawned. So many that Markus wanted to relive. He wanted to move on, to leave him in the past and focus on today but it wasn't easy. Luckily he had a safe space to vent all these emotions. He would go on top of the church to the bell late at night, and cry.

-

After what felt like 5 more hours of more pointless questions that Markus still had unanswered, he decided to just drop it...

For now.

"Anything else you needed?" Connor asked. Markus pondered for for a second. "No, I think I'm good at the moment. Uh, thanks." Markus got up to walk out, but Connor spoke again. "If you ever need help on processing your.. emotions, I'm always here, Markus." He stopped and turned his head. "What..?" Markus questioned.

Connor met his gaze and they locked eyes. "You're friend.. the blondie.. you seem to take great interest in him. Everytime your around him your regulated heart starts to beat faster, and your system goes into overdrive." Markus started to blush faintly. Why would Connor say something like that Markus thought. "Simon?.." Markus was starting to hate that infrared system of Connor's..

"N-no I.. I think you've got the wrong idea.." Markus stammered. He couldn't think of anything to respond to that. "Do I?" Connor raised an eyebrow and smirked. Markus frowned and exited the room in a rush.

He left the building, not looking back.

-

On the way back to Jericho Markus thought about what Connor had said.
If Nines knows more than Connor maybe I should ask him thought Markus. He figured if Connor didn't know, he would go to the only one who did.

"Shit!" Markus mumbled as he remembered what he had told Simon, and began sprinting towards Jericho.

Hopefully he hasn't gone to standby mode yet

-

Markus was too nervous to find out if he was too late. He hesitated to open the church door but soon did. He found most androids in standby mode
Some still active and chatting.

He didn't see Simon though.

Markus walked up to the church bell to check if he had been there. He wasn't. Markus then walked back down and looked through every room crazily. Eventually, he found Simon in an isolated area with a canvas in front of him. Simon was in fact, in standby mode.

Markus sighed and walked in front of him, where the canvas was placed to make sure he wasn't active. Then he thought how grateful he was that Cyberlife made androids look so peaceful when they "slept". Markus wanted to just smack himself in the face.

How could I have been so late?

He felt extremely bad and didn't know what to do to make up for it.
Simon would forgive him like he always did but Markus thought he didn't deserve it. Markus knew he didn't deserve it. He wanted Simon to get mad, go off on Markus, yell at him. But that wasn't him.

Simon was a lighthearted sweetheart who would give his life for Markus, and has tried it one too many times. He would beat himself up everyday if he were to leave him back at Stratford Tower. And it suddenly hit Markus why instead of leaving Simon at the Stratford tower, he chose to save him.

He did it because Simon was his friend, because Simon didn't deserve it, and because if he did, there would be no one left in Jericho to make Markus smile. Markus always found himself smiling, even a little on his bad days, whenever Simon and him talked or hung out.

All these emotions all coming in at once left Markus dizzy, and he realized he too, needed some standby time. So Markus plopped himself right beside Simon, and went into standby.

————————————————————
Okay soooo I hope you enjoyed this even though it's trash
(For some reason people are liking this and I'm just confused))💆🏻‍♀️💖