19

There Simon was sitting by himself in the main auditorium, pondering with his thoughts. "You alright.?" Markus came from behind and sat comfortably next to Simon. He took a shaky breath. "Yea. I just hope nothing happens tonight.. or ever." Markus put his hand on his knee in reassurance. "Hey, we'll be fine." Simon wanted to believe that, he desperately did but he couldn't. He couldn't and Markus knew that. He knew Simon just wasn't that way. "I just want to stop thinking about it, for now."

Markus could respect that so he discontinued the topic. "You want to go out?" Simon raised in eyebrow. "Not on a date! I-I mean as friends." He finished the sentence off with an awkward laugh. Simon began to blush just at the thought of it. "Where would we even go? Most stores still don't allow androids."

"Well, what if we don't have to be androids." Simon started into Markus' deep heterochromatic eyes trying to understand what he meant. "Once, I went around stores - looking at anything I thought was cool to own - I didn't realize what I was doing until afterwards. I was blending in. Without my LED, I'm just a regular civilian browsing a shop." Simon began to catch on. "You're the leader of the deviants, how did they not recognize you?"

Markus leaned back in his seat and shrugged. "They don't watch the news I suppose.." It still to this day made Simon angry that some humans still didn't have the proper decency to even accept the fact that they were a new intelligent life. "You'd think society would be past racism, but this is just like it." Markus stood up from his seat and offered a hand. "C'mon, the stores close at 9." Simon smiled. He graciously took his hand and headed out.

-

When they both reached the walkway that lead to different stores; restaurants; and rest stops, Simon instantly dragged Markus over to the book store. Simon swung the door open and was greeted by the freshness of the ac. He entered, taking in his surroundings. It was huge. There were escalators that lead to the upstairs where kid, true crime, and psychology books could be found. Downstairs, there was a mini cafe that consisted of coffee, cake, cookies, etc. "Wow.." Markus said in awe. He kept twisting and turning trying to see everything all at once. Humans do really have it all.

"Ever been to a bookstore before, Markus?" It sounded more like a tease than a question. Markus sucked his teeth and rolled his eyes. Simon gasped. "Follow me, Markus!" He grabbed him my his arm and linked it with his own. They both went up the escalator and Simon let go of Markus when he saw the kids books section. He made a small squeal and ran up to the isle filled with them. "Oh man.. I can't believe it's been that long.." Markus leaned over Simon's shoulder who was examining a book.

"This one was Victor's favorite. He had a lot of favorites, but he liked this the most." Markus noticed that with every page Simon turned, his enthusiasm became lower. Markus walked in front of Simon and sat cross cross. "Read it to me." He commanded. It caught Simon by surprise at first, but he figured Markus was trying to be silly so he obliged. He smiled widely and sat down on the floor, flipping to the first page.

"Once upon a time, there was a brave knight, daring and strong, every woman in the land dreamed to be with him. One day, the king gave him a very important task. You must rescue the princess locked up in that tower he would say. Being the unstoppable and confident leader he was, he marched straight to the tower only to find out there was a dragon guarding it. Although the dragon was fierce and mighty, that did not stop the knight from slaying it. With a quick whip of his sword, the dragon was out cold. Once he reached the top of the castle, he stumbled upon 3 princesses. He was confused as the king said to save only one. Two of which were not the princess. Both were beautiful, they wore pink and purple dresses with hair tied up in a princess bun. He needed to find out which was real. Who's the real princess? He asked. The two beauties claimed they were, but the quiet, not so beautiful one stood silent. She wore a yellow dress with her hair draped down. The knight knew what he must do and left the castle not with either of the beautiful princess, but the one most wouldn't choose. When he presented her to the king, he was disgusted and forced the knight out of the land."

Simon had stopped reading but Markus knew there was more to the story. "Why'd you stop?" Simon closed the book and placed it back on the shelf like he never touched it. "Figured you were getting bored." He gave him a soft smile. Markus didn't take his eyes off him. He shrugged it off and put his hand in the air. "Lend a hand?" Simon smiled and took it in his, lifting Markus' body weight. They spent the next hours just walking around and exploring the huge library. At some point, everyone had left and Markus and Simon were the only ones left. Yet they didn't realize that until all the lights shut off and the only light that was visible was the light coming from the moon and through the windows. Markus and Simon were in the history section of the building when they realized this.

"Shit." Markus stammered. Simon jolted his head in Markus' general direction. "Language!" He had practically yelled it. "Sorry.." Markus said as he itched the back of his neck in embarrassment. "There has to be a way to get these lights back on."

"You shouldn't do that, I bet everyone in this area knows when there only source of tangible books closes. We can't risk someone calling the cops." Markus thought about it and he was right. They couldn't risk getting caught. "Well.." Markus continued. "What's your plan?" He crossed his arms as he cocked his head. There was silence for a second. "You'd better get comfortable, cause we're going to be here awhile."

——————————————————-
It's almost Christmas!!! Omg I'm so excited! I really want to have a 'Christmas Special' chapter but idk if it would fit into the timeline that this book is currently on. If you read my book description you'd know I do NOT do smut! As much as I would like to I just don't understand how people write that. And I'm not good at reading it either. I usually just end up cringing a lot and forcing my self to read each sentence. So I'm not doing smut for the 'Christmas Special' if I do end up deciding to do it. I'll probably just do some cute fluff :3 also just writing 'Christmas Special' is making me cringe cause its so generic. ANYWAY if you read all the way to here, I hope you enjoyed this chapter!!!