29

Markus instinctively opened his eyes. He had set a mental alarm to make sure he mobilized early enough. It was 9:30am and the first thing he did was self-analyze himself to make sure his biocomponent was 100% fixed. He was relieved when if was. Markus looked around and noticed that light streaks were bleeding from the windows. He sighed. When he did he noticed a small cloud form from his mouth. Markus hadn't even noticed how chilly it was, and manually turned on his system heaters. He stood up from his seat and make his way to the auditorium where all the other androids stood, not noticing Simon's standby body in one of the back rows. His systems were still adjusting and he was still taking in his surroundings. When he walked to the main room, he noticed most androids were still in standby, but some weren't and were interacting with each other. He noticed North bending over. She grabbed her hair then sprang back up, putting the hair in a high bun. He walked toward her as she was fixing her baby hairs. "Hey North.." She turned her head slightly to the side. "Markus." She elegantly responded.

He felt a terrible, hatred in her tone. "Yea.. so um, I can't go with you and Josh today. I've got plans at the precinct." He smiled awkwardly to try and lighten the mood, which hardly ever worked and didn't work this time. North gave him a suspicious look. "The one where Connor works at?" He scratched the back of his neck. "Yea.. that one." Markus then realized he never explained to her what had happened. But he also remembered Connor told him to keep it lowkey..

He bit the bottom of his lip slightly. "Listen, I know I haven't really explained.. anything. I'm sorry about that. But I promise I'll tell you everything whe-"

"Markus, you don't need to explain jack shit to me. I'm sure if you haven't told me already it must be none of my business. I appreciate you being nice to me but there isn't need." Markus was surprised to hear this coming from North. "A-Are you sure?.. Cause if no-"

"Go. Josh and I will cover for you, as usual. Don't worry." Markus was holding his breath, prepared for North to do something irrational. It never happened. Instead she give him a lighthearted smile. He could breath again, and for once he could recall the feeling he encountered when he first met her in Jericho. He didn't know why she suddenly had a change of heart about him. Markus returned the smile and started walking backwards. "You're the best."

"I know." She mouthed as her smile faded back into the cold emotionless face. Now all Markus needed to do was find Simon. He began walking around, looking through every room until he heard a loud BANG! He stopped in his tracks. It sounded as if something heavy hit the floor. Markus knew it was in the room he had just passed, which was the room he had been in before. For a moment, Markus was convinced Jericho was haunted. As stupid as that sounded, it didn't stop fear from making it's way inside him. He quietly tiptoed his way closer. Markus peeked inside. There was nothing. It all looked the same since he had left. He was about to convince himself it was in his head until he heard a soft groan. His eyes widened. He was about to run before he saw something arising from the floor.

"What the?.." Markus whispered to himself. His therium pump regulated as soon as he discovered it had been another android. He sighed in relief. Markus had.. some questions, but he was just glad it wasn't a ghost. The android must've heard his loud ass sigh, because it turned around. That's when Markus realized, it was Simon. (ofc) His hair was a frizzy, messy updo that looked like a mohawk, and his eyes were half-lided as if he had just woken up from a good nap. He held the side of his head as he rubbed it. "Ow." He sounded brainless and stupid (It's okay, I can say that cause I'm even stupider) considering androids didn't feel pain. Markus was in awe. He'd never seen an android so.. off guard? Almost every android looked perfect at all times, even when they just activated. He wanted to ask what he was doing there, but no words would come out.

"I-you..what?.." Markus said cluelessly. "Oh yea." Simon giggled nervously as his ears became light blue. "I'm back. My walk was alright thanks for asking." Markus wasn't in shock of the fact that he had been in there with him the whole time, he was in shock of the fact that someone actually told Simon he was allowed to look like that. To look so-

NO I can't think that like.. Markus bit down on his tongue, but that wasn't enough to stop all the blood from rising to his face. "Yea um.. Whe-where did you go?" Simon started combing his hair with his fingers, trying to make it look semi-decent. "Mmm.. walked around the area for an hour or two, then went over to a park a couple minutes from here." Markus cleared his throat harshly. "R-Right. Well, we're leaving in like a minute or so. Connor wants us there by 10." He groaned and pouted, but didn't say anything further. When his hair looked alright, he walked toward the doorway where Markus was was leaning on the wall.  Markus exited the room and Simon followed him behind until they reached the front entrance/exit. "You think Connor has any good leads?" Simon asked as Markus opened the door. "I don't know. We'll have to find out." He held the door open and Simon went out first. "Oh, did you let North and Josh know where we're going?" Simon gave Markus a side glance. He returned the look. "Yea, don't worry about it."

_________________________________________________________________________

Guess who skipped school today???? THIS BITCH!!!

Anyway, school started back up again last week. I'm trying to stay active buuuut its a little bit challenging. Don't worry though, I care about this story more than I do about school so it isn't that hard.

Anywayy i hope you enjoyed this chapter!!