26

YALL BE REACHED 9K READS, THANK YOU!! Like when I first started this story, I had no idea that it would get any reads. I though people would hate it and that I would delete it later. But turns out I was wrong. You guys LOVE this story and I'm glad you do. I pour my entire heart and imagination into this and its a big creative outlet for me, so having other people like it is insane. I love you all SO MUCH so without further ado, enjoy the rest of this chapter❤️

______________________________________________________________________________

Markus had climbed the steps that lead back up to the church bell. When he reached the top he found Simon resting his elbows on the railing, cupping his face in his hands. Markus smirked and walked in, closing the door behind him. "So, I heard you and Josh were talking about me." Simon quickly turned around, not aware that Markus was there. He sighed and giggled a little bit. "Did Josh tell you that..?" Markus folded his arms and nodded. "Hope it was nothing bad.." he lifted and eyebrow and smirked. Simon let out a flustered like chuckle. "N-No no.. It was.. It wasn't anything bad.." He smiled innocently.

Markus took a step closer to him. "He said you told him to not tell me where you were.." Simon went to take a step back but since the space that surrounded him was so small, he had no room to work with. He ended up not responding to his comment. Markus sighs. "If you wanted to be alone, you could've just told me." Simon gave him a half hearted smile. "I know, Markus.." Markus eyed him suspiciously. "Have you talked to Vanessa yet? After she caught us pulling an all nighter in her bookstore, she'd probably be looking for an apology."

"Yea, actually. She was pretty mad about it." He placed his hands on the opposite sides of his elbows and chuckled. "I'm just glad it was her that caught us. Imagine how quickly the press would turn on us if it were anyone else." Simon then began to think. "Speaking of press, how did your meeting go?" Markus threw his hands in his pockets and shrugged. "Ahh same old same old. North is always being pushy and Josh is always there to balance it out. Josh wasn't there today though, and I think they were actually considering canceling any future conferences with her. I don't even know why I bother going sometimes." Simon smiled. "Hey don't say that.. It'll all pay off in the end."

"Yea yea, I know. That's what everyone says." Simon's smiled became a frown. "That doesn't sound like the Markus that fell into Jericho that night." He said bitterly. "Also the Markus that almost got everyone killed." Simon rolled his eyes. "Don't think like that! If it weren't for you, we'd all still be hiding, waiting for some miracle that we knew was never was going to come!" Markus had heard the same song and dance a thousand times from every android. He knew what a difference he had made. He was glad he was able to achieve something so massive, yet he didn't know why he was doubting himself. Markus stood silent. Simon exhaled deeply. "Do you remember Stratford Tower?" Of course he did, they had made history when they hijacked the broadcast. "Do you remember when they shot me?" Markus hated thinking about it, despite this he slowly nodded.

"You could've left me, you could've jumped off the roof and forgotten about me. I was in fear of my life, but you didn't leave me. You took me with you and that was the moment I knew you were the one we'd all been waiting for." Markus looked off to the side. "Well I couldn't just leave you."

"Nope.. you couldn't. And that's why we are where we are now. That's why androids are allowed to walk around without being shot on sight. Because you didn't give up." Markus once again, didn't respond. Simon groaned. He stepped closer to Markus and put his hands on his shoulders, shaking them a bit. "C'mon Markus what's wrong with you? You're usually not this.. cheerless.." Markus looked deep into Simon's eyes. "I.. don't know.." Simon raised an eyebrow. "You don't know..?" Markus shook his head rapidly, trying to shake the thoughts he had trapped, out. "Um- I'm sure it's just a malfunction in my system." Simon's eyes widened. "Well that shouldn't be taken lightly. Do you want me to check you?" Markus shook his head once again. "No, I'm okay. I'll just do a self-analysis."

"If it's a system malfunction then the self-analysis will only tell you if a biocomponent is damaged, it won't automatically fix it." Markus knew he was right. It may have been the biocomponent that was damaged last time that was malfunctioning. Connor must've missed something if that was the case. "..F-Fine, can we just go downstairs? I don't want another android to.. y'know.." This was surprising to Simon. Markus usually didn't mind other androids watching what he was doing, and the fact that he was stuttering made it worse. Despite this being, Simon didn't want to overreact and make a scene so he didn't say anything about it. "Sure."

-

"Just sit over there, Markus. I'll be right back." Markus obeyed what Simon said and sat on the table as he left the room, one like they sat on when they were in the precinct. Markus could trust Connor doing this because he was an advanced prototype, but he didn't know if Simon was just as reliable. He figured he would have to wait and see. A minute later, Simon re-enters the room, walking up to Markus. "Okay so, go ahead and check yourself, then maybe we can fix the problem." Markus looked up at Simon. "And if we can't?" Simon stares at the ground for a good second before he responds. "I guess we'll have to figure it out from then." Markus sighs in frustration. He closes his eyes and runs a self-diagnostic.

runningdiagnostic//;analysis1'4 biocomponentHMV24damaged.exe

"I figured." Markus says to himself as his eyes opened. "Which one?" Markus looks down at his chest. "HMV24." Without warning, Simon leans down and lifts Markus' shirt. "Oh you're doing it now, ok.." Simon gives Markus a look that said 'Really?'. "When else?" He places his hand on Markus' chest cavity. The skin around it dissolves and his chest opens, revealing circuits, wires, and a blue beating heart. "Hmv24..." Simon mumbles to himself. Markus could feel everything Simon was doing. He could feel when he moved a wire and when he pulled on a cord. It wasn't like this when Connor did it, maybe because he wasn't really paying attention back then. Markus thought it felt... sensual. Yet again this feeling was alien to him so he didn't know any other way to describe it.

"So where did you go?" Simon lifted his head upwards and lifted his brow slightly. "When you left the room." Markus explained. "Oh, I went to go yell at Josh." Simon said casually. "Oh.. That's.. nice?" Simon looked up at Markus with a smirk, he then pulled on a wire harshly. This took Markus by surprise, causing his heart rate to escalate and his face to become a light blue. "Whoops, sorry." Markus knew he did that on purpose, he just didn't know why. He quickly shrugged it off. "Yup, here it is." Markus then knew Simon had found the damaged biocomponent. "You can fix it, right?" Markus asked a little worried. "When I first got to Jericho, androids were pouring in everyday. Most were damaged by their owner so it was up to me to try and fix them. I think I've learned a good portion on how to repair a damaged biocomponent. Just relax Markus, it's going to be fine."

Markus breathed in and out trying to do what Simon had told him. Relax.

_____________________________________________________________________________

yeet