28

Simon really had nowhere to go, but he didn't want to stay in the church. He spend a couple hours out, hoping that Markus was getting charged up and not worrying about him. Markus worried a lot about Simon, but he knew it was all in good heart. He'd just wish he would take care of himself more often than he did. It was getting dark and the chill breeze was blowing in Simon's face, causing his system heaters to automatically turn on. It was January and the cold was just starting to kick in in Detroit. It was around 6:00pm and the moon was already up with stars plastered all over the sky. Barely any people were out and it was quiet. Simon didn't like going out of his comfort zone, so he only walked around places he knew. He knew he'd be taking a risk walking out into the unknown but maybe he could discover something new. Simon pulled up his internal map and scouted the area, making sure where he was going was safe.

He was surprised to see a playground not to far from where he was. He quickly downloaded the location and headed toward its direction. He got there in a span of 10 minutes, and the weather had dropped even lower than before. Simon knew it wouldn't effect him yet, but he took note to make sure not to stay for long. The playground was empty as he had expected. The swings swayed back and forth as the wind howled, the dust blew out of the squared sandbox and the seesaw tilted its balance causing it to make a small squeaky sound.  The playground itself wasn't in bad shape, it looked normal. Despite this, he had a weird feeling in his gut, as if he had been here before. He walked around the swings, feeling the rusted metal that held them. Simon then realized he had been there before. Nostalgic memories started flooding back to him. Memories of him walking Victor when he was a baby, the time he swung Victor in the swing for the very first time, memories he had before Simon even deviated.

It was all falling together right in front of him. He took a seat on one of the swaying seats. All these memories were giving Simon a migraine, he didn't even know androids could have those. All these memories were like falling dominoes. One tips and the rest fall, this lead to one memory sticking out to him.

"Victor... Victor!" Simon recognized that voice, it sent chills down his spine.. "PL600, go get Victor."  This memory had led him to a kids room, it was full of action figures and race cars. "It's time for dinner, Victor." Simon knew that voice too! That was him! Except it wasn't, it sounded too monotoned to be him. "No! I'm playing!" It was Victor, he had been so busy playing his new game, he didn't want to leave his room. "Come now, Victor. Dinner is ready." Of course Victor didn't budge. "How about this: I know a game you'll love even better."  Victor slowly turned around in curiosity. He had only been around 5 at the time and didn't know better. "It's called 'Simon says'. Simon will tell you to do something, and if you don't do exactly what he says, you'll lose the game." Simon had remembered how his face glowed when he suggested that. "I like that game!"  Victor squealed in childish pleasure. "Very well. Simon says to go eat dinner with you're family."  Victor quickly arose from his seat and ran to the kitchen.

Simon wanted to see more, but that's all he could recall. He couldn't help but wonder to himself if that's where his name came from. A silly child's game. He couldn't remember when they started calling him that, all he knew was that Simon was the name he responded to. He only then realized how long he had been sitting on that swing. It felt like 5 seconds but it had been an hour and the temperature was decreasing tremendously. "Shit!.." Simon wasn't one to curse very often, mainly because he'd been dealing with kids most of his life and was forbidden to. Warnings began plastering themselves around Simon's line of sight. He exited out of them and made a run for Jericho.

-

It was around 7:00pm and most androids were inside. The church itself wasn't very warm, but Simon hoped that the heat of every android's thermal heater combined would make the church warm enough to be in. He quickly got inside and took a breather. For a second he was worried that something was damaged, but once all the pop up warnings disappeared he felt relieved. "That was close.." He said to himself. He walked around the church for a couple more minutes, not really doing anything. Some androids tried making conversation with him, but he was too drained to keep up so they eventually left him alone. He roamed around until he practically fainted. Not really.
He was too unenergized to walk to a seat, so he sat on the floor and laid his head back on the wall. He began processing all the memories he had encountered in the park and eventually went into standby.

-

"Simon!.. Simon!" He felt his body being shaken awake by a hushed whisper. He opened his eyes only to find Josh kneeling down in front of him as his hands rested on his shoulders. "Y-Yea?.." Simon asked as he checked his internal clock. It was only 2:26am. Far too early to be activating. "Just making sure you're ok. I saw you laying on the floor and I thought something had happened." Simon lifted himself off the ground. "Yea, I kinda just.. sat there.." Josh leaned up a second after Simon. He gave him a weird look. "You um... you doin' alright?" He put his palms together and started rubbing them. "Define alright?" Simon joked.

He stood silent for a couple of seconds when Josh gave him a eyebrow. "I just feel like I don't deserve to be alright." Josh groaned silently. "Here we go again, Simon.." Simon rolled his eyes in annoyance. "Right now I really don't what to talk about it. I will eventually, I just need to get more standby in." Josh sighed. "That's fair I suppose." Simon smiled at him and made his way to one of the empty rooms, leaving Josh back in the auditorium. Some androids discovered that these small rooms were a good place to go into standby in, so all of them were occupied. All of them except one. Of course every android would give Markus a room of his own.

Although Simon didn't have enough energy to overthink anything, so he just walked in and sat in a random row of seats. He inhaled, then exhaled. Finally he had thought. Finally some peace and comfort.
__________________________________
My head cannon were Simon doesn't think he deserves all the love he gets from Markus but Markus still gives it to him.

I try to add a lil bit of backstory to Simon as often as I can, it bugged me so much in the canon version that you literally know nothing about him smh 🤦‍♀️
Also I realized I never gave a visual description of Victor, so what better place to do it than the authors note. He's very petite, he has black short hair and big black eyes, (black eyes may seem creepy but they look really cute on him) he loves super heros and cars as evident to his room and he has a very high pitched voice.

Also I can confirm that ever since Simon and Victor played 'Simon says' Victor has since been convinced that his android's name was Simon.

Okay this note is getting too long. I hope you enjoyed this chapter💞💕💘💖💗💖❤️