11

Simon was debating if he should just force himself off Markus. But because he was to afraid to find out what Markus would say, he didn't. Simon wouldn't know what to do after such an awkward moment. Every piece of metal or plastic in Simon's body was saying to stop. To run. To hide. Just like last time he kissed him, to keep away from his feelings. But something deeper, something more than Simon's programming was telling him to stay, it was telling him to face Markus. To look him in his beautiful heterochromatic eyes. Or to just keep put. Simon gave it thought, Markus wasn't making an effort to get away from Simon.

Simon figured since Markus was in such a fragile state, that something such a Simon kissing him would make him feel better. Even though Simon had never done this before, he copied Markus' actions. Simon was a domestic android, one to care for the kids, make family meals, and entertain the children. He wasn't designed any other way and Simon assumed Markus was the same. Simon suddenly realized where Markus' hands were, his sensors were now just starting to kick in and he could feel a tingleness around his waist. He had also realized where his own hands were. One was placed on the back of Markus' head while the other was right under it, where Markus' occipital bone was supposed to be.

Markus ^^^

Simon was never really good with his emotions, most androids weren't, but this was different. Simon knew this wasn't what good friends did, he knew this wasn't what relatives did because nobody in his old household expressed their emotions as such. Simon tried to think of what this meant, why humans did such a thing. He used to go to the park with his old owner's children and he remembered seeing a group of two engaging in this 'thing'. Simon would naturally scan them. The group of two were both happy.

Is that what Simon was feeling? Happy?

Was Markus happy as well?

Simon was so lost in his thoughts he hadn't realized what their kiss had come to. Somehow, Markus had Simon backed up against the the door that lead back down to the church. Simon thought of how lucky he was that he had closed it when he checked up on Markus. As much as he wanted to stay like this - forever - he couldn't admit it to himself, and he wanted to find a way out of it. He wanted to retort back to his old ways of dealing with things. Simon slowly let go of Markus' mouth - which to Simon's credit was very succulent;) - with a string of blue blood from each of the boy's mouth still connected. Before they were 3 centimeters apart, Simon began using his free hand to look for the knob on the door, it was challenging considering Simon had his savior centimeters away from his face and he didn't know or remember where the knob was place.

When he felt it he began to turn it, - ofcourse though, Markus wouldn't let him off that easy. Markus was different, when he wanted an answer he would get it and when things became awkward, he wouldn't turn and run the other way, he would try and fix it or lighten the mood. - Markus gently grabbed Simon's hand that was turning the knob. "Hey, where do you think your going?" Simon, once again, was stunned. It's like he was paralyzed. Luckily for Simon, he noticed the sun coming up and used that to his advantage. "The sun is rising, I should probably be heading back down.." Markus didn't question him further and let go of his arm.

Something in Simon didn't stick quite right with him. Maybe it was the expression Markus made when he figured out that the first thing on Simon's mind after there little session was to leave. Whatever if was, he wanted to get rid of it. Somehow or someway, the problem was he didn't know how. Simon knew he would regret this later but he didn't have time to think about what future Simon would make out of his poor decisions. In a jokingly manner Simon tried to make the mood a little less awkward. "You weren't bad by the way.." He said as he gave a playful smirk to Markus. "But there is room for improvement."

Markus gave Simon a 'challenge accepted' look and scoffed. "Think so..?," Markus said as he crossed his arms. "The best way to get better at something is to practice, you know?" Simon rolled his eyes and started walking down the stairs, back to the church.

To his surprise, all the androids in the main auditorium were still in standby, and the light rays have yet to reach the church so it was still pitch black in there. Simon once again, turned his night vision on and tried to find his way back to the room that he activated in. He was able to navigate his way around, Simon found the row of seats he was once sitting on before and tried to go back into standby. It was quiet for the first 30 seconds. Out of nowhere Simon hears something fall with an gasp come after it. He opens his eyes and scans the room. He was startled to find Markus on the floor with the painting stool on top of him. "Markus?"

Markus immediately became silent, after a couple seconds he could hear a faint voice. "Simon? How did you know it was me? It's too dark to see around here." Was Markus not aware of his night vision ability? "Markus.. you do know all androids are equipped with night vision, right?"

Markus felt dumbfounded. Simon on the other hand found it funny. "Oh.. how do I-"

"Here, let me help you." Simon chuckled. He walked towards Markus and grabbed his hand to help him up. He also grabbed the stool and put it in its designated location. He returned to Markus, lucky he didn't run into anything else. "I'm about to touch your temple so don't panic okay..?" Markus was startled by Simon's sudden voice appearance but let Simon do his thing. He brought his hand up and pressed gently with his pointer and middle finger on Markus' temple, where his LED would've been. He had to try and stand taller considering Markus was a good inch above Simon.

When Markus had his night vision enabled he was pleased to finally see his surroundings. But most importantly, he was pleased to see Simon. He couldn't help but notice how calmer he looked compared to the last few days, like weights have been lifted off his shoulders. Markus wanted to grab Simon and never let go. He knew how cheesy that sounded but he truly couldn't find other words to describe the way he was feeling. "Is it working?"

Markus smiled. "Yea.. yea it's working perfectly." Simon and Markus both walked towards the same row of seats and sat closer together. - a big improvement from lasts time - Simon was drained, all the emotions he had felt up at the bell made him feel like he was being disassembled. Although Markus was still not tired and refused to sleep. He ended up laying his head on Simon's lap with his hands behind his head as if he was tanning at the beach. "What a weird world.." nobody answered, he knew Simon was in standby so that was expected. But there was something Markus was feeling, something he hasn't felt ever since Carl passed.

He was at peace

——————————————————
Alright so I may start closing this story in 2 chapters or so, really depends on my creativity. If you want me to continue this more , lemme know.❤️❤️❤️❤️ also the bde in this chapter is 👌🏼