8

After an hour of wandering the city, pondering what Nines had told Markus, he decided it was time to head back to Jericho. On his way back, he stopped at every store, not wanting to go back to the church right away, he took his time looking through everything he found interesting. It took him another 5 hours to finally get back. Markus walked really slow.

When he got back it was about 7:43 p.m. He found North talking to some other androids, and Josh in standby mode. Markus found it weird that Josh would go standby so early, but didn't question it. He examined the entire auditorium and found a PL600 in a white uniform talking with a GB200 model. Everything looked right to Markus, the only thing that was out of place was the small warning planted on the top right of his field of vision. He needed to go into standby, he had barely had emerged for the day and he spend the rest of it wandering around Detroit.
He began making his way to the set of room scattered in a corridor in the church. He passed the stairs that led up to the bell and eventually made his way back to the room he had been painting in that morning.

His eyes felt heavy and so did his chest. He let out a long and deep sigh before he actually caught sight of what had been in the room with him. He looked up and found a blonde haired android staring deeply into the canvas. That could only be one android. "Hope you were too bored while I was out." He teased as Markus walked up to Simon. "When am I ever." He responded not taking his eyes off the canvas. Markus walked beside Simon. He was now staring at the painting with him. "It's really pretty, Markus." Simon touches the edge of the canvas. "You're past owner taught you well."

He smiled and shoulder bumped Simon lightly. "Thanks. I was thinking of you when I painted it." Simon furrowed his eyebrows and punched Markus in the shoulder, roughly. Markus stumbled back a bit due to the pressure. "Ow.." He said under his breath. Simon breathed heavily through this nose. "Sorry.." he started rubbing his shoulder gently in circles as a way to say sorry to it. Markus chuckled. He knew Simon hated getting compliments more than anything. Markus didn't think it's because he didn't like them, it was more the case that he didn't know how to accept them. Because of this, Markus loved teasing him.

"So you've never painted huh?"

"No." Simon answered. Simon's voice was very faint as if he was embarrassed. "I did say I would teach you, right? What'd you say, you up for a painting lesson?" Markus tried to be as enthusiastic as possible so Simon didn't run away from him. "I don't see why not." Simon gave Markus a slight smile before looking for the art supplies around the room. Markus had put them on the top shelf that was almost as tall as he was, but even Markus could barely reach. While Markus was getting a new canvas, he found Simon struggling to get the supplies.
He was on his tippy toes, groaning and mumbling things under his breath.
Markus took a couple seconds to stare before he walked toward Simon, and grabbed the tools for him. Markus handed them to Simon with a toothy smile.

Simon snatched them from his hands while embarrassingly blushing. "Thanks."
-
After Markus and Simon gathered everything they needed, Simon had a thought. "You're not gonna need that painting by any chance, would you?" Marius raises an eyebrow. "Why..?" He asked while a smile began forming. "I mean if you're not gonna need it, I was wondering if I could have it." Markus looked over at Simon who was staring at his painting. Markus' heart felt like it was making loops, while hitting traffic bumps at the same time. No. Markus forced himself to ignore it. "Sure Simon." He smiled to himself and put the canvas off to the side, replacing it with a new one.

"Now that we're finally doing this, what should we start with?" Markus looked around the room, trying to find something simple Simon could paint. Nothing in this church seemed simple, so Simon had to use his imagination. "Paint something simple." Simon hesitated to lay the brush's stroke on the canvas, fearing that he would ruin it.

"What would I paint?" Markus scooted closer to Simon. "Just think of something. Anything." Simon bit down on his bottom lip. "I think you should do it first-"

"Simon. Markus whined. "C'mon, give it a try. I'll help you get started." Markus took Simon's hand that was holding the brush and he began controlling Simon's hand movements, making streaks on the canvas. Markus wasn't really paying much attention to what he was doing - or Simon - until he actually let go of his hand. He glanced over at Simon, he was looking intently at the canvas and his face was a light blue. Markus had began to register what he had done.

"Uh- Simon..? You okay..?" He glanced over at Markus and then back at the canvas. "Yea.. it's just you make it look super easy.." He chuckled slightly, but immediately stopped. "Well, it's your turn now." Markus took a step back and gave Simon his space. Simon took a deep breath and began to paint on the canvas independently. He was painting a landscape,with a river flowing the middle. He was also making trees on the sides with a log as a bridge. Simon had felt eyes wandering all over his work and soon stopped stroking the brush. He took a step back to examine it.

It wasn't exactly the best painting Markus had ever seen, but the entire point of painting was making something your own. Simon had never painted before and this was his first time. If you considered all those factors, the painting was beautiful. Although, Simon seemed to have a different opinion. "Ugh! This was a bad idea." Markus let out a giggle. "Aw, don't worry Simon. This is your first time. I'm sure you'll get better." Simon stood for a moment. "You paint!" Simon handed the pallet and brush to Markus. He didn't take them. "What?"

"If I see you paint, maybe I can learn!" Markus thought about that for a second. "Okay.. that doesn't sound like a bad idea." Markus grabbed the palette, and tried grabbing the brush as well but wasn't as quick enough. It slipped out of Simon's and Markus' grasp and dropped to the floor. Markus sighed and leaned over to grab the brush, but soon found himself face to face with Simon. They both had their hands on the the brush which was still on the floor, just staring at eachother. Markus knew he had passed too close five inches ago, but both were stunned. Markus could see the artificial connective tissue that made up Simon's ocean blue eyes. And he could see the very unnoticeable green near his pupil. He could make out his reflection on Simon's pupil - which was wider than usual -

Simon was the one who broke the stare.
He jolted his way up leaving, Markus the only one grabbing the brush.  He followed Simon, and leaned up aswell, giving Simon a puzzled look even though he wasn't confused about anything. Markus tried to forge the memory back in his mind as he started painting.

————————————————————
LIKE IM SO SORRY I HAD TO MAKE YOU GUYS WAIT FOR THIS CHAPTER ITS JUST I STARTED IT AHWILE AGO AND I DIDN'T LIKE THE WAY IT WAS GOING SO I STOPPED WORKING ON IT FOR LONGER THAT I ANTICIPATED AND THEN I NEVER GOT AROUND TO IT BUT I FIXED IT TODAY
Anyways I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter and like holy shit guys we have 400 reads?!?! Last time I checked we only had 100!❤️💖💘💖❤️💓❤️💖💖💗💗💘