18

Simon entered the room, head down, and Markus followed close behind him. "Hey Simon! just sit right there, I'm almost done here." Connor said as he was again, sorting out files into the box on the floor. Simon did as he said slowly and hesitantly. For every step there was a glare behind him making sure Markus was still there. When he finally managed to sit, Simon deactivated the skin on his hand and put it on Markus' hand.

What's he going to do..?

Markus realized Simon was trying to interface with him, and responded as such.

He's just going to check your systems.

Don't leave. Please, don't leave

Markus felt his eyes start to glow, not literally.

I won't.

Markus could feel the relieve in Simon's presence when he told him that.

You will need to lift your shirt though

Simon's face instantly became faint blue but before he could respond, Connor interrupted. "I'm all done here" he put the lid on the box and stood up. "Also he's okay with me Markus, you don't need to stay." Markus glared at Simon, he could see that he was extremely anxious. "No, I'll stay. Y'know Incase something happens'" I lean on the walk and watched Connor. "Very well" he pulls up the same chair and sits. "Simon, lift your shirt please." At first I wasn't really looking at Simon or Connor, I was kinda looking at myself in the glass, but then I heard a snap and jolted my head. "It's okay, I just placed a wire back into place." Connor continued to rummage through the wires and bolts.

I looked up at Simon and unlike me, he was actually looking at what Connor was doing, he looked intriguing and at the same time horrified. "Okay, that's a little more weird.." Simon was about to say something but I cut him off. "What?"

"Extremely close to the same biocomponent as yours. It seems like no accident at this point." Simon's heart rate started to rise. "Hey Connor, you almost done?" He nods. "Yea, I just need to do one more thing." A couple more seconds pass. "Alright Simon, I'm finished here." Simon gladly put his shirt back on and glared at Markus. "So what do you think we should do?" Connor's LED began flickering. "I recommend you cut off connections with anyone you think could've done this, also make sure to stick together. You'll both be safe if you're together. Also try to keep this in the low key." I nod. "Okay.." I open the door from the interrogation room and signaled Simon to follow me. "Thank you, Connor." Connor smiled. "Your welcome, Markus." Simon and I exited the room and leave the precinct.

-

Simon and I ended up walking through the garden we walked through last time. We stayed silent with eachother. I really wanted to talk to him but I didn't know how to approach him. "What did Connor mean when he said it was extremely close to the same biocomponent as yours?" I look at him and his big blue eyes are staring into my soul. "When he was checking me, he said that the my damaged biocomponent was extremely close to a specific biocomponent. The biocomponent that turned me deviant and controls how I feel. A subconscious." Simon tightened up. "What were they trying to do?"

"I'm not sure, but from the looks of it they might want to un - deviate us."

"Is that even possible?" He asks worriedly. I shrug. "I don't even know.." he looks at the ground intently and sighs. "Simon!" He perked his head up as he heard his name me being called. "Hey buddy! How are you?" He was presented with a brunette with green emerald eyes walking up to them. Simon began fidgeting closer to Markus until they all stopped infront of each other. "Hey Vanessa.. I'm good." She smiled widely at him. "Oh jeez where are my manners?" She put her hands above her chest in a sarcastic way. "My name is Vanessa!" She put her arm out for Markus to shake. He stuck his out as well and shook her hand. "I'm Markus." He gave her a slight smile. "Well I just wanted to say thank you again for showing me the way here Simon! It's really beautiful!" He smiled and nodded.

"Do you by any chance wanna walk around with me? I don't have any company." Simon looked at Markus and he nodded. "Umm actually Vanessa, maybe another time." Simon took Markus' hand in his like they did it often. When she saw what was happening she squealed. "Oh my- of course another time! Maybe never actually but please enjoy yourselves! I'm so sorry for interrupting you two!" She started pacing away and Simon watched as she shrunk the farther she got. When he looked back at Markus he was glaring at their hands. His face was of a light blue color. "C'mon Markus. North will be pissed if we don't get back soon."

"She'll be pissed anyway." They both shared a laugh and with that Markus and Simon began walking together back to Jericho.

-

"Markus!" Simon and Markus had just entered the church and were already being yelled by North. "Oh you are so fucking lucky you saved Jericho or else I would've blown your brains out by now!" Markus rolled his eyes. "North I'm sorry I couldn't make it again but this time was important-"

"I can't take anymore of your excuses! The official say that they can't guarantee anymore laws in place for us unless they have all the leaders attending their meetings!" Markus was stunned. "So I hope your lovey dovey time with Simon was worth it!" Now Markus was starting to get angry. His eyebrows were furrowed and he really wanted to yell right back at her but he knew that's not what Carl would've wanted. "Okay.." he said calmly. "Okay North. You're right. I'll make sure to go tomorrow." He looked at Simon and he could tell he really wanted to go off on North. She stomped away and Josh replaced her position. "Sorry about her it's just it's been stressful with these meetings and all, especially when your not coming. You're a big part of Jericho Markus."

"I know Josh, I know.."

He smiles slightly and pats Markus' shoulder. "Hey Simon, let me talk to you for a second." Simon looked confused but followed Josh out of the building.

-

"What's going on between you and Markus?" Simon's heart stared racing. "I'm not sure what you-"

"You think North and I don't notice how much time you've been spending with him? It's pretty clear something is going on." I can feel something hot rising in my face as I start to remembered everything that's already happened. "No, nothing. Not what you're thinking at least." He raises an eyebrow. "What am I thinking of?" Simon gulped. "N-nothing.." Josh sighed. "Alright Simon, but if you need anything.." he pauses and puts his hand on my shoulder. "And I do mean, anything.. come and talk to me." I give him a forced smile and nod. "Thanks Josh.." he pulls me into a small brotherly hug and head back inside the church.

——————————————————-

Whoa! Me updating?! Never thought the day would come! Yes my lovelies I'm back with another gay as fuck chapter. I hope you enjoy it💞💘💗💗💝💗💖❤️💓❤️💗💕💞