3

"Oh.. Hey, Simon."
Markus was hesitant to say his name because he didn't expect to see him there. Usually, Simon loved hanging around the auditorium. He liked watching the other androids, he wasn't a creep or anything, he just liked seeing happy expressions on everyone's face. Simon propped his head up turned around slowly, clutching his eyes shut.

"You caught me.." He said with a small laugh. "Sorry. I know this is your spot, I'll go." He said sheepishly a couple seconds later. Markus walked up next to him and placed his hands on the railing, admiring the view that was ever so beautiful. "I don't mind the company." He said as a cheeky smile formed. Simon couldn't help but flash a toothy smile back.

They didn't speak for a good minute. They were just staring out into the open air before Simon spoke. "So, how'd your meeting go?" Markus sighed frustratingly. "It went about how you would expect one to go." He said as he gave Simon a side glance. "Boring, huh?" Markus compressed his lips together tightly. "Yup." Simon chuckled and shoulder bumped him playfully. "It'll be better next time."

"I highly doubt it." Markus exaggerated. They both shared a grin,  and said nothing afterward. It was just Markus and Simon at the top of the church, watching the civilians walk about. As stalkerish as it sounded, it really wasn't. It was very relaxing for Markus, and Simon as well.

"When is the next meeting?" Simon asked. "Tomorrow. We're going to the Detroit precinct." Simon smirked and looked over at Markus. "Tell ya what. How about I come with you guys this time? Maybe it won't be so boring for you."

Markus eyes him for a second. There it was again. The eyes. Those. Eyes. Markus then noticed something. It was a very unnoticeable detail that most would miss, but Markus didn't. Near Simon's pupil, there was a little bit of green surrounding it. "Your eyes." Markus said out of no where. He wasn't planning on saying it, but he did and there was no going back. "I mean-" He said as he tried to save himself from the awkwardness. "You have central heterochromatic eyes. I didn't.. I didn't notice before." Simon started at him in awe. Markus thought to be able to save this conversation, he would have to change the subject and quick.

"Anyway um- yea, y-you can come along if you want."

Markus quickly turned his attention back at the view, looking at the stores across the town. Another round of silence consumed them both. Neither seemed to be complaining though. "Aww.." Simon coed as he pointed to a little girl in a pink dress. "She's the cutest thing!" She was blonde and had two big pigtails hanging from both sides of her head. Markus knew that Simon worked with kids before he deviated, but that's about all. He didn't know anything else, which kinda sucked on Markus's part. "Did you care for a little girl before jericho?" Simon looked off to the side, wanting to ignore that question. "I took care of an old man, he was like a father to me. Taught me everything I know. He was a good man, it's a shame life gave up on him."

Simon sighed. "You don't have to tell me.." He felt the enthusiasm slip away from his tone. "When I first came to Jericho, I didn't want anyone to know my past. I was afraid that I would be judged by what I was before. I realized after we demonstrated, that I would eventually need to tell you guys. So yes, I do need to tell you." Simon stayed quiet, and it was understandable. Markus brought his arm up toward Simon. He didn't need to say anything, Simon already knew what he wanted to do.

He didn't refuse. He couldn't. He allowed his hand to grab Markus roughly. And before Markus even knew it, his entire reality disappeared.

-"Simon!" Said a playful baby. "No victor, it's name isn't Simon." Stated an impatient voice. "Yes it is! He told me so!" Argued the kid. The older voice sighed. "PL600, go get my pills. They're on the drawer, as usual."

"Right away, sir." It began walking farther and farther away from the voices. "Daddy, Please don't do it again!" No matter how much the kid begged, it continued moving farther away. "Someone's gotta teach you a lesson!" The voices became faint and hard to hear. "Simon! Please help me! Don't go!.. please!.."-

Simon pulled away harshly as if he burned himself on a hot stove. He looked at his hand and then back to Markus. He opened his mouth to speak, but he was speechless.  "I- I saw that old man," Simon stammered. "how he died and you-" Tears were sliding down Simon's cheeks. "You died..I saw the... the graveyard they left you to.."

Simon paused and looked at the ground. He couldn't continue explaining it. It was horrifying.

Markus didn't know what to do, he never had something like this happen

"Sorry, I-I didn't know-"

"No... it's fine I just..." Simon paused "I'm fine..."

He turned and walked to the stairs that led back to the church. All of the emotions he had just felt hit him in a wave. He didn't know how he felt about it. He had seen only a small portion of Simon's past, but he wanted to see more.
He wanted to understand it more
He wanted to know more about him, wanted to know more about where he came from. This interaction had sparked a sudden curiosity in Markus that couldn't be tamed.

Although asking Simon would be a stupid idea, so all Markus could do was bite his tongue.

-

A couple minutes after Simon had gone back down to the church Markus did the same
He went out into town walking around every store

Just looking

He saw a WR400 model inside of a perfume shop

She looked just like North

Markus started to wonder if there were any other models like him

He entered a wormhole full of questions that he wanted answered such as:

Why haven't I ever seen another model like me?

If the RK series were prototypes then were was the RK300?

Was there ever even an RK700?

He wanted to know and only knew one other android that would have the answers

He would have to ask Connor

The only other RK model that existed next to the RK900

Markus had heard that the RK900 had been assigned to the same precinct Connor worked at

Neat

Markus trusted Connor unlike other deviants because without him the revolution would've most likely not worked
He wouldn't blame his people for not trusting him though

After all he did try and kill Jericho's leader

———————————————————
Okay so I don't really know how the government works (don't worry guys I'm self aware) so I tried simplifying it a bit I hope it doesn't sound too stupid
But anyway hope you all enjoyed this chapter💖💖