6

These are the kinds of row of seats I'm talking about in this chapter in case anyone is confused :) ( not exactly these, just imagine this but like Jericho style)

System check:

Synchronizing ...

100%

Markus was active now, not remembering what happened before he went into standby mode, he opened his eyes to check his surroundings. Streaks of light blinded his vision, almost damaging his artificial pupils. He shut them quickly, and got more comfortable only to realize he had been leaned up against something. It was extremely quiet making Markus' heartbeat very audible. Except, there had been another beating faster.

Markus quickly jolted out of the position he was in, making it so whatever he was leaned up against was now 5 inches away from him. His field of vision cleared up. He was now able to see that Simon was staring at him. They both gave eachother a look and blushed. "G-good morning Markus..." Simon stated timidly. Markus exhaled deeply. He was still in surprise but managed to answer Simon. "You're awake..!
Markus exclaimed as he played with his earlobe. He laughed nervously and looked over to the side only to find a stool and a canvas.

It looked like Simon already knew what had happened, and was waiting for Markus to remember. "Simon I'm so sorr-"

"It's okay Markus.." He smiled reassuringly at Markus that it made him feel even more guilty. Markus wouldn't accept his forgiveness that easily. He couldn't. "No! I'm sorry." He stated sternly. Simon noticed that Markus seemed to be more aggressive than usual. "Just yell at me or something!.." Simon was in utter shock and didn't say anything for a good second, which quickly turned into cheerful, gidish laughter. Markus felt as if his heart stopped pumping.

"You know that's not how I am, Markus." Simon said as he tried catching his breath. Markus furrowed his eyebrows and crossed his arms like a spoiled little kid. Simon returned the look with a smile, flashing his canines that not many people knew he had considering he barely ever smiled. At least not like this. Markus then felt something in his system. He guessed he was too prideful to admit it before, but Connor was right. His system did go into overdrive, and Markus never even noticed. If this had been true then that would've meant—

No. There was no way. Simon was like a puppy to Markus. He would take care of him no matter what, but that didn't mean anything. Did it? He would prove it to himself. He would not allow the thought that Connor had planted into his brain get the best of him. He started to process all the emotions he had ever felt with Simon. For clarity.

First greeting: Simon ^ Acquaintance

Spare parts: Simon ^ Neutral

Stratford Tower: Simon??? Unknown

What was Simon to Markus?

Markus wanted to find out. He had to find out. Maybe because he did have deeper, more meaningful 'feelings' (as humans would call them) towards him. But he would never know. And if Markus was being honest, it had truly been eating at him ever since the demonstration. He'd shown he was willing to give his life for their cause, but especially give his life for Markus. It was like making a life promise blindly, without knowing the ending. It didn't sit well with him.