33/2

The tree branches waved back and forth as the leaves fell from their once permanent spot. The sun had just risen, giving the city of Detroit life once more. Markus crouched down in front of a stone carving, with the name Carl Manfred imprinted on it. He laid down a banquet of flowers that he had gotten from the finest flower shop. He stayed crouched for a couple seconds before he got back up, and took a step back. The wind was blowing on Markus's face roughly causing his face muscles to stiffen up, but it didn't bother him. "Do you come here often?" Asked a tender, and soft voice that could only belong to Simon. Ever since Zlatko, Simon had been keeping a close eye on Markus, making sure that nothing was malfunctioning. This meant that Simon would be with Markus most of the time, but neither were complaining.

"I.. I try not to." He responded. They stood side by side, looking down at the gravestone. Markus would give anything for Carl to be standing by him. If he could talk to him one last time, he would tell him everything that happened; He would tell him about the revolution, about Jericho, he would tell him how he met someone so dear to him, he would tell him how he would never let go of them, because in the end of the day, Markus learned how to love. And without love, the world was meaningless. Markus didn't see that before, but if had been so clear to him now.

He grabbed Simon's hand and held it in his own. He held so tightly, that Simon could almost feel his grief. "He would be proud of you, Markus." His vision dared to become blurry, but Markus shut his eyes tightly until the tears that were welling up within him dissolved. "C'mon, we should go." Markus said as he turned his back not letting Simon go.

They walked side by side in silence for a while. That was their thing. But this time especially since Markus was very fragile at the moment. It had only occurred to Simon a couple days back that he had seen things that no other android would ever see. He had seen his savior in a bad state of mind, he had seen their rA9 breakdown into tears, he had seen the leader of the deviants fall in love. Simon would consider himself lucky, he didn't know how Markus didn't become impatient with him in the end. "Hey, Markus." He glanced over at Simon who had stopped walking. Markus stopped walking as well, and met Simon's gaze. "Listen, I know things here haven't been the easiest. But I want you to know you're doing great." Simon gave Markus a heartwarming smile that pulled on his heart strings.

He wrapped Simon in a tight hug, not wanting to let go. "I love you. I love you so much and I hate seeing you so stressed." Simon said. It was barely audible for Markus since Simon was so squished up against his shoulder, he wanted to believe he had said something else but Markus knew that wasn't possible. Simon loves Markus. He prayed himself away from Simon and took a second to make eye contact. He chuckled and poked him in the shoulder. "You're it!" Markus then ran off farther into the cemetery. "Oh you're sneaky, aren't you?" Simon then ran after Markus, trailing a little far behind. He couldn't help but to laugh. It caused him to run slower which eventually led to Simon poking Markus's back. "Gotcha!"

Markus hit the brakes and turned around, following Simon back where they came from. Of course, Markus was faster than Simon. They were both caretaker androids, but Markus was more athletic by nature. Surprisingly, catching Simon was not an easy task. He would run around the graves and hop over gravestones. He would turn at the least expected moments, which caused Markus to almost slip and fall multiple times. Everytime Markus was a couple inches behind him, he would reach his hand out to touch him but it always failed. He knew he needed to try something else if he wanted to catch him.

Markus had been chasing Simon for 3 minutes. Androids don't get tried, but Markus started getting annoyed by how good Simon was at this, so he decided that he was going to catch him at this very moment. He caught up to Simon, he was on his tail. Markus saw a curve coming and he knew Simon was going to try and take that curve, so instead of sticking his arm out, Markus threw himself into Simon, grabbing his waist and tackling him. That didn't stop either of them from dying of laughter as they hit the ground though. "Okay okay, you got me." Simon said, barely able to speak.

Markus sighed, and threw himself onto the floor next to where Simon was laying. "Playing tag in a cemetery. Real smart, Markus." Simon acknowledged as he continued to let out little giggles. "You know you loved it." Markus teased. "Yea, I did." At this point, Simon was in control of his breathing and laughter. The sun had fully risen, and the warmth was starting to kick in. "I appreciate you worrying about me." Simon looked over at Markus who was staring at the baby blue sky. "I'm fine though, you really don't need to." Simon laid his head back down in the grass and clasped his hands on the back of his head. "I love you too, by the way."
__________________________________
Aftermath of everything. Hope you enjoyed.
Also I am working on the reed900 fic. I'm really like bad at making decisions so it may take a little time.
I'm also going back and reworking some of the earlier chapters.

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this chapter(even though it was pretty rushed)💞💞❤️💕💖💞💘💘