13

BITCHES WE REACHED 1K READS LIKE THANK YOU?!?? Seriously though thank you guys so much for giving my story a vote, leaving a comment, or just reading it in general, it means the world that you guys enjoy this! Okay back to the story!
-
Right after Vanessa had gone, Markus was back with 2 big boxes. One full with blue blood, the other with biocomponents. "C'mon Simon." Markus said as he handed a box to him. With Markus making no eye contact, Simon took it and carried it all back to Jericho.

-

When they arrived back to Jericho, the atmosphere felt dull to Simon compared to how it felt when Markus and himself had left. Markus and Simon put the boxes down and began rationalizing the supplies to each android. A fair amount. After they were done with that it was 2pm. It was still pretty early and Simon wanted to do something. He started to scan the church for Markus and found him talking with another android. He walked over to them. "Here drink this." Markus handed the JB200 model a bottle of blue blood. "It'll make you feel better." The JB200 model nodded and did as so. "Hey Markus." Simon smiled sheepishly. Markus eyes him up and down. Not the type of look you want to get from people though. "Hey Simon." Markus walked past him to another android. Simon thought maybe he was too busy to talk with Simon so he ended up waiting for Markus to finish with every android.

After another hour Markus was finally sitting by himself in an empty room drinking a bottle of blue blood. Simon thought this was his chance so he came up to him. "Markus! Hope you aren't too busy beca-"

"That android.."

Simon slipped on his words and glared  at Markus. He was staring at his bottle. "What android?" Markus held his head up and look at Simon. "The one at the warehouse." Simon began running memories, he subconsciously knew who Markus was talking about though. "Oh yea! Vanessa? what about her?"

"She was very pretty. Don't you think?"

Simon started wondering what Markus was trying to make him say. "Yea I guess bu-"

"She probably thought the same towards you.." Simon squinted. How would Markus know such a thing? Was he spying on Simon? "How do you-"

"Her pump regulator increased beats when she saw you." Simon became wide eyed. "No no no Markus you got the situation all wrong, she just needed directions to Lindon Park." Simon tried making light of the situation but Markus didn't seem to want it. "You should meet her again. You two connected so you should be able to easily find her." At this point, Simon was extremely confused. "Now why exactly would I do that?"

Markus let out a rough sigh and stood up. "Because Simon, at some point you're going to find someone you really like and want to be with them. Do you know what happens after?-"

"Markus!" Simon tried cutting in, he was laughing softly. "You are really that dense aren't you?" Markus tried to forge the blue blood back down his neck. "No Simon! I'm serious.."

"I know you are, and you're right. But if I'm going to be with someone, it would sure be someone I actually like and know." Simon gave him a small smile trying to hide the laughter he was holding back. "But she liked you Si-"

"Markus.." Simon made it so that he extended the way that he said it to make Markus know that Simon wasn't interested in her. "Are you sure?" Simon furrowed his eyebrows and looked at Markus with the darkest shade of blue Markus had ever seen Simon's eyes become. At first Markus didn't want to say anything, but soon came back to reality. He began smirking widely. "You'd better not be lying to me." Markus began walking away from Simon. "Wait.!" Simon grabbed Markus' hand and pulled it towards himself. Simon brought himself closer to Markus and kissed him on his cheek. "Was that jealousy I was sensing?" Simon teased. "Of course not! I was just.. curious." What was this feeling that Simon was experiencing? Was it companionship? No it was more than that..
Simon was still having trouble deciding on how he felt about Markus, but Markus already knew that he was head over heels for Simon. He now knew why he hadn't - more like couldn't - leave him on the roof at the Stratford Tower. And that was because Markus loved Simon. He loved him so much and he couldn't bare to leave him. He understood that he shouldn't have and that he put multiple lives in danger. But considering how everything turned out, he wouldn't have had it any other way.

"MARKUS!" Simon slowly let go of Markus' hand and rolled his eyes. "It's North.. Umm, see you later?" Markus said as he was heading to the auditorium. Once Markus was gone Simon brought his hand to his face and looked at it as if it was a diamond. He notice himself blushing and covered his face with the handkerchief under his chin.

-

After 3 hours of Simon staring off into space in the empty room, he started recalling the small things Markus would do, such as; examine his face whenever they weren't in a conversation, the way Markus  kissed Simon's hand, this one wasn't as small but he also noticed that Markus got a little jealous when he saw Vanessa hugging Simon. But Simon didn't understand it, why would Markus act like that? Before Simon got a chance to think about it he heard yelling coming from the hallway, it seemed to be getting clearer and clearer by the second. "Simon! What did you do to Markus!" North stomped in the room. You could tell she was furious. "I didn't do anything." Simon tried his best to keep his cool, he didn't like when other people raised their voice at him for no good reason. "Really?! Because he goes on to tell me and Josh about how he stayed in standby for too long, and guess who he was in it with? You!" Simon backed up, eyebrows furrowed. He couldn't believe what he was hearing. He didn't know if he should lash out on her, talk it out, or explain what had happened that night. What would Markus do? Simon asked himself that and took that route. "Listen North, we were up a bit late talking, its my fault he wasn't able to be at that conference. That's all." North was steaming. It seemed that Simon's unbothered nature made the situation worse. "I don't want you anywhere near him if it's gonna cost it our freedom, you hear me?!" Now Simon really had it, North, the women he grew to respect and appreciate, the android that has been through it worse than all, the android standing by the other leaders for our cause was telling Simon what he was supposed to do?! Simon began intimidatingly laughing. "How ironic is that? We fought for our rights to discover who we are and not be told what to say or what to do, and here you are doing exactly that." Simon could tell North was about to say something, but once she registered what Simon had said, she lost all her words. "Fuck. You." She stomped out of the room, mumbling death threats to herself. She accidentally shoulder bumped Markus while he was entering the room. She stopped and look at Markus and Simon, for a second she looked disgusted, she soon left luckily for Simon.

——————————————————
Okay so some chapters were delayed because I didn't know if I should've published them. They seemed so personal cause I poured all my thoughts into it and it's a creative outlet for me. But here it is. I'll continue to publish chapters but I kinda wanna start a new simarkus story, different plot, different headcannon, and the humans seem more realistic. You'll understand what I mean if I start writing it.💖