~8~

~Vincent~

I felt something stirring in my arms, my first instinct was to grab my gun but when I opened my eyes I saw that Sheryl was having another nightmare. I woke her up and like before she cried once she looked at me

"Hey are you okay?" I asked and she shook her head no. I kept on rubbing her back trying to get her to quiet down a bit

"Can I tell you something" I heard her whisper to me.

"You can tell me anything princess"

After a few moments she moved out my arms to dry her eyes. Seeing her eyes puffy and red made me angry but I tried not to show it.

"I bet you're wondering why I always have nightmares, apart from Hope you are the only one I've told. As a kid, my parents loved each other and they wanted another baby so that I wouldn't be alone. My mother was about 4 months pregnant and she was showing a lot, her stomach was so big that she had to get bigger clothes, I saw my mother looking at her stomach with so much adoration I even smiled to myself.

I heard some strange noises coming from upstairs so I followed the noise which lead to the door of my parents room, I heard a feminine voice trying to hold in her screams and a man telling her to be quiet. I opened the door quietly and saw my father on top of some other woman that wasn't my mother."

She started to sob quietly

"You don't have to tell me if-" she cut me off by waving her hand and saying that she had to tell me

"I did the first thing that came to mind, which was to scream out my mothers name when my father's head snapped towards me where I was standing. I looked at him and he was giving me a glare while the girl under him smirked at me she looked almost like my mother. I heard footsteps coming up the stairs and from behind me I heard a gasp and saw my mother standing there with tears running down her face, she looked between the two and cried harder.

My father stood up and said that it isn't what it looks like but my mother cut him in the middle of his sentence saying

"How could you?! We're married with a child and another one on the way how can you go behind my back a fuck my whore of a sister?! huh?!" she cried and ran down the stairs. My dad beat my mothers sister up and threw her in the closet and then ran after my mum who was sitting in the living room crying.

He sat next to her and told her something that I couldn't hear due to me being far away from the conversation. My father told me to get in the car with my mother because we were going on a road trip"

She paused and sighed before carrying on with her story

"I had some kind of feeling that something bad was going to happen and for a 7yr old girl I knew what he was going to do. We all went to the car and went for a drive somewhere, my mother was sleeping because all pregnant women get tired easily and I pretended to close my eyes too. When my dad looked at the back and saw that I was sleeping, he started to speed up the car and I started breathing hard. He crashed into a tree but purposely hit the side where my mother was laying. I opened my eyes a bit and saw him pull out a knife and he cut my mothers stomach open and pulled out something which was covered in blood and looked really tiny with chunks of meat on it. I covered my mouth realizing that he had just killed my unborn sibling."

"He stitched her up and drove back home in the beat looking car. He carried her in and then me next. My mother woke up to pain in her lower region, she held her stomach and cried because she realized that there was no baby bump. She looked at me and stood up and hit me while my father laughed at me, my mother noticed him and started hitting me some more and laughing along with him. I was abused by the both of them my whole life because she thought I was the reason she lost her baby."