~32~

~Vincent~

When I got a text message from the police saying that they found a girl and that I might know her because my number was in her contacts list.It was either Sheryl or Maiyah because they were the only girls that knew my number.

"SHERYL!"I shouted but I got no response

"MAIYAH!"I shouted

"WHAT?!"She screamed back

"NEVERMIND"I shouted

I had bad feeling that it was Sheryl.I got a message saying that they took a sample of her hair and tested it and they said it was Sheryl.She crashed and then the car blew up and she was burned in there,her flesh was gone but her bones remained.

I messaged the police asking them for the address and then I rushed to where they were.When I got there,I saw Sheryl's car crashed into a tree.I saw a bony hand sticking outside the opened door and there was blood all over the car and on the floor.

I observed the scene and I felt hot tears coming down my face as I realized that the girl that was in the car was Sheryl.I moved closer to the car and picked up what was left of her stuff.I grabbed her purse and looked through her stuff,there was a photo of us than was burned at the edges which made it look like it was just focusing on us.

I couldn't hold my tears in so I just let them fall freely onto the ground,I was trying so hard to stay strong for her but now that she's gone,my strong cover just broke.I didn't know what to do but I thanked the officers and they gave me her bones that they burned to ashes for me and went to my car.

I sat and just cried and waited because I didn't want to drive in this condition,I know I'm weak but that's because I never thought that she would leave so quickly.I drove home and walked slowly inside,I heard chatter in the kitchen so I went to my room and ignored everyone.I wonder how Maiyah and Hope were going to take it because they are literally best friends,and the guys because they were so close to Sheryl,their bond could never be broken.

I was mad and I had a feeling that one of my enemies have something to do with her death.

"FUUCCKK!!!"I shouted and started throwing things around the room.I couldn't live without Sheryl,she was everything to me.

I heard rapid knocking on the door followed by soft mumbling.The door opened and Maiyah and the guys walked in and took in the state of the room.

"Wow what happened here?"Mark asked kicking pieces of glass around the room

"The fuck is this?"Damien asked

"Shut up both of yous"Leonardo said slapping them both in the back of their heads

Maiyah walked up slowly to me and I just sobbed.She grabbed me in her tiny arms and held me as I cried into her shirt,the guys all huddled around us and put their hands on my shaking shoulders. Maiyah just hushed me telling me to let it all out,I calmed down after a few minutes and she handed me tissues looking at me with a concerned face.

"Thanks guys"I said blowing my nose

"What happened?This isn't like you,this is the first time I've seen you like this"Maiyah said holding my hand

"What I'm about to tell you is real but you guys aren't going to believe me"I said looking into all of their eyes.

"Oh my gosh I knew this would happen"Stephano said

"I knew as well"Alberto said death staring Stephano

"What do you know?"I asked

"You have brain damage"Stephano said 

"NO,he has cancer,can't you see that his hair is falling off?I think it's obvious that I'm right and you're wrong"Alberto said clicking his fingers in front of Stephano's face

"Actually,you're both wrong"I said shakily

"What is it?"Hope asked with worry in her eyes

"OOOOHHH,Sheryl dumped him"Jack said and Maiyah kicked him in the balls

"GEEZ!WHAT WAS THAT FOR?"Jack said holding his balls and wincing

I swear these guys just crack me up all the time but this was serious and I had to tell them what had happened

"Sheryl would never dump him"Maiyah stated

"Yeah"Hope agreed

"Sheryl's dead"I said bluntly and they all looked at me

"Na bro don't play games with me"Lorenzo said 

"Yeah bro enough with the pranks"Damien said

"You guys don't believe me?"I asked and they shook their heads no

I sighed and grabbed the photos of the crime scene out of my pocket and gave it to them.They looked at it for a long time and I leaned back on my bed and watched everyone's emotions.Hope,Maiyah and Alberto were the first ones to cry

"No,this can't be"Maiyah said crying and looking at the photos

"Are you sure this is her?,Sheryl is my bitch and I know she's tough"Hope said sobbing while Mark held her

I just reached into my draw and grabbed out the metal thing that held Sheryl's ashes.I gave it to them and they opened it and cried before closing it and holding it to their chest.I closed my eyes because I couldn't see them all like this.

It's funny when one person disappears,the whole family falls apart.I just felt like disappearing as well,I felt like I couldn't live anymore because I didn't have a purpose to live.Cries,sobs and sniffing filled my room,I could still hear her voice in my head and I feel like she's here with us but there was no sign that showed me she was.

I fell asleep when they all went out of my room.I dreamed about Sheryl and our happy moments together.

~Next Morning~

I woke up and turned to my side thinking that Sheryl would just magically appear there.I sighed and ran a hand through my hair and just laid in bed.Today was the day that we were going to let the ashes go,I know that everyone is upset and I can't make them feel better but we have to do this whether they like it or not.

I went for a shower and I changed into a black suit.After staring at my reflection in the mirror and at photos of me and Sheryl,I let out some tears before dragging myself down the stairs.I couldn't be fucked waiting for everyone but I poured myself a glass of whiskey to pass time.

After my third glass,Maiyah and Hope came down the stairs wearing long black dresses,each one holding a box of tissues.The rest of the guys followed behind them hanging their heads,they too were wearing a black suit but with different colored ties.

Maiyah came to my side and hugged me before looping her arms through mines.I grabbed the urn that held Sheryl's  ashes and held it to me while we walked to our cars and went to the place where Sheryl felt peace at.

Sheryl had a specific beach which she liked to go to and that was where we had one of our dates.We arrived and stood there staring at the blue water as the sun shone on it,I opened the urn and grabbed a handful of it.

"Sheryl,I'm sorry I couldn't protect you and because I didn't do my job properly,you died."I said taking a deep breath and grabbing a handful of her ashes.

"You know that I love you so much,you were the only person who knew what I was really going through,the truth is,without you,I don't know what to do anymore.I'm not the same person anymore.I'm gonna miss you,think of this a see you soon not a goodbye."I said wiping a tear.

"See you soon babygirl"I said before throwing the ashes into the blue ocean.We all had a turn saying something but Hope said the longest speech.I hopped in my car to drive home and drown myself with a lot of liquor.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey y'all,sadly this book is coming to an end and there may be a part two to this book but who knows?

Anyways,how was the chapter?

Comment and Vote.Thank you :)