~23~

~Sheryl~

There was the body of a lady hanging there by chains.She had a big hole in her stomach and her legs were mutilated and knives were used on her arms which caused one of her upper arm skin to hang down.

That was the smell that filled the room. Maiyah screamed and I doubt that the others could hear us because I could tell that the room was soundproof.I held my hand to my mouth and blocked my nose and turned away from the body and walked towards Maiyah.

She cried so loud and hard that she started hyperventilating and she wasn't breathing properly.I held her hand and told her to look at me and listen to my voice and calm down.I kept on encouraging her to try and breathe properly because I don't want her to pass out and leave me alone in the room with the dead body.

She calmed down after a few minutes.We walked towards the body and examined it properly.I took a long look at the lady's face.She had long black hair and she was pale,she looked like she was in her mid 30's but other than that she was beautiful but what scared me the most,was that she was the spitting image of Maiyah or the other way round. Maiyah covered her mouth and tried not to cry out loud but failed miserably.

"Is that my mother?"she asked

"I think so she looks a bit like you"I replied

"THAT BITCH KILLED MY MOTHER!!"she screamed at no one in particular

She walked slowly to the body and hugged her mother once she was in front of her.

"I'm sorry mother,I'm too late"she said and smiled a little bit

"My whole life,all I wanted was a mother who loved me,I found you but now you're gone,I wanted to be held in your arms as a baby but sometimes the world is just selfish,I don't really know you that much but I already know that I love you,I love you mum and I won't ever stop"Maiyah said and smiled as tears came down her face.

I spotted a shiny thing in the corner of my eye and I walked to it.It was a key so I tried it on the lock of the chains and it worked as the body fell onto the floor. Maiyah picked up her mother's head and placed it on her lap and played with her hair as her own tears fell on her mothers face.

"She's beautiful"Maiyah said

"I know"I said and sat down with her

"I wanted to know what she was like"

"Vincent told me once that she was a nice lady"I said and she hugged me

We stayed there for a few more hours before we left and went to her room.We sat on the bed and stared into space for a while.

We heard someone clear their throat,we turned around saw Vincent standing there watching us

"Hey,how long have you been standing there?"I asked

"Long enough to see you both cry,what's wrong?"He asked looking concerned and sat in between the two of us

"Nothing,just that we wanted some food because it's our time of the month"Maiyah said and I hummed a yes

He quickly stood up and went to the door.

"Um I'l' get Alberto to tend to you,I think I'm late for a meeting"He said then rushed out as we laughed at his reaction.

Once he left I stood up and closed the door and leaned against it.

"He can't know that we went in that room,not just yet anyways"I said

"Yeah he looks like he's in a good mood"She said

"Let's not ruin it?"I asked and she laughed and nodded her head