Prologue

King Tom gazed at his sick wife as she laid upon their bed, his forehead etched with worry and his heart aching with anxiety. In all their years of marriage, he had never seen her like this; her beautiful face dangerously pale, her eyes swelling with tears of pain, her raspy breathing...

They have waited so long to have a child, and when Queen Sabine had announced her pregnancy, King Tom was overjoyed. Actually, overjoyed is an understatement. He was beyond thrilled. The royal couple had spend almost every hour they had preparing for the arrival of their little baby, and made sure everything was in complete perfection. 

It started with a headache.

Then a cough here and there...

And all of a sudden, the royal midwife was informing her Majesty that the Queen was suffering a rare and severe illness that could risk the Queen's life-- as well as their child's during the labor. 

King Tom had called for the most experienced and most reliable doctors and midwives from all over the Ladybug Kingdom, promising them a fortune if they could save his family's lives. They had promised they would do their very best, but as Doctor Fuu examined the Queen's pulse for the third time, he began to shake his head in sadness. 

"Your Majesty," he had said to the King, "we have given her many medicines and special treatments, but we haven't seen the slightest progress in her health. I fear that, if she doesn't heal soon, she and the baby will both die by nightfall."

  In total despair, King Tom had rushed to his library as fast as his legs could run, hoping that he could research something, anything, that could possibly save his wife and child's lives. Finally, after hours of searching through his collection of herbal books, he had come across an old scroll, which described a mystical flower known as the Lucky Charm. The Lucky Charm had special healing properties that could grant youth to the elderly, health to the sick, strength to the weak, and happiness to the depressed. Though this miraculous flower was a rarity, the scroll had mentioned it could only be found in the deepest of forests. 

 Though King Tom knew better than to believe in fairy tales, he anxiously followed the directions provided on the scroll, knowing that if this flower actually existed, it would be the perfect cure for his beloved wife and child. He hurriedly gathered his men and gave them orders to search the entire forest...under every leaf, rock, and stump until they found the Lucky Charm. 

As the sun had descended behind the mountains, King Tom searched on, desperately sweeping his vision around him in hopes that he would be able to spot the Lucky Charm. As he searched, a tear would fall from his eyes every now and then, which he would wipe away with his hand while desperately thinking,

Please hang on, Sabine. Please don't leave me all alone on this earth. Please...for the sake of our child...

At long last, one of his men had reported that a soft, red glow was discovered among some bushes a few feet away. The king had immediately rushed to the spot, his men quick on his heels. The bushes were thick, but once the men were able to hack away their branches using their axes, they found a small, delicate red flower..more beautiful than they had ever seen, growing in the middle of the bushes. 

King Tom wasted no time giving orders to have the flower dug up and delivered to the royal herbalist ASAP, but little did anyone know an old woman was spying on them from a nearby tree...

Once the herbalist concocted a special medicine using the Lucky Charm, it was given to the Queen, whose cheeks broke into a rosy blush the moment she took a sip. Luckily, Queen Sabine became immediately healthy, and was also able to give birth to a beautiful healthy girl. Coincidentally, the birth took place on the night of the Miraculous Flight, a special night millions of glowing butterflies, with many gorgeous colors, lit up the night sky as they flew across the kingdom. 

Though King Tom and his wife were content with how perfect their lives were with their little bundle of joy, little did they know disaster was soon to strike upon them like lightning. 

A few months after the birth of the Princess, King Tom woke up to the cries of his daughter and the screams of his wife. A black figure had unsuccessfully tried to cut the baby's hair, but when she accidentally awoke the child, she snatched her up in panic and disappeared through the window. 

For days, weeks, months, even years, the entire kingdom has been searching for the Ladybug princess.

And to this day they're still searching....

*Author's Note*

Howdy, and welcome to my story! Be sure to vote and comment (I LOOOOOOVE COMMENTS XD) about what you think of this idea so far.

That's all for now,

Byyyyeeeeee!!!