Chapter 10

A/N: Guys....I have a confession...

I couldn't think of a good pic to put in this chapter. Which kinda sucks because...it just does -_-

Thank you for your understanding and hope you enjoy!

 Though the sun was rising higher and higher over the forest, Marinette and Chat Noir were suffering from lack of sleep. Due to the misfortune of their recent shelter being blown up in flames before the crack of dawn, they were up all night making their way through the tunnel and were now exhausted.

Hence, they both decided it would be a good idea if they both took a small nap before continuing their journey.

After she found a comfortable sleeping spot amidst the scattered leaves and fresh green grass, Marinette laid down on her side, gathered her endless yards of hair around her for warmth,and instantly fell asleep, sweet and happy dreams floating through her mind. 

She barely heard when, a hour later, Chat Noir shook her shoulder gently and said he would be back in a few minutes--to which Marinette only gave a small nod and murmur in response. 

"Hello, my Marinetta."

Marinette's immediately woke up with a jolt and her heart beating furiously...only to find herself alone. She anxiously searched her surroundings, wondering where in the world that cat had gone off to. 

Did he leave her? No, he must have gone off somewhere to find water or something.

But Marinette was sure she heard a voice...

  Befana, who had been hiding behind a dense ticket close by, suddenly came into view. Marinette immediately stood up from the ground, her eyes wide with surprise and shock. 

"M-Mother?" she managed to get out. "What...what are you doing here? How...why.."

"Oh my fairy, I'm so glad to see you unharmed," Befana cooed, embracing Marinette tightly in a hug. "I've searched everywhere for you. Oh my, what lovely perfume you're wearing!"

"I- I'm not wearing perfume, Mother," squeaked Marinette, who was still completely shocked her own Mother was standing right in front of her. 

Befana loosened her hug and placed her hands on Marinette's shoulders. "Oh, but I can definitely smell it's fragrance. It smells like...disobedience and betrayal."

Marinette's heart sank. "I'm sorry, Mother," she whispered. 

Befana, who had been smiling in mock earnest, was now frowning sternly at her step-daughter. "I don't want to hear it. We're going back to the tower immediately, no exceptions."

She instantly grabbed Marinette's wrist and began to pull her along, but Marinette pulled her hand away from Befana's grasp. 

"Mother, wait!" Marinette spoke up. "I'm...I don't want to go!"

"You do not have a choice, Marinette. We are leaving immediately."

"No!" The word instantly escaped Marinette's mouth before she could blink.