Chapter 4

When Chat Noir finally regained consciousness for the second time, he discovered himself tied to a wooden chair with...

Did she really tie me up with her own freakin' hair?!  he thought furiously. 

He then saw Marinette walk down a wooden staircase with a satisfied smile. "Now you'll never find it," she said matter-of-factly. 

"Get me out of here!" growled Chat Noir.

Instead of untying him, Marinette tugged her hair and pulled his chair closer to her. She then grabbed the collar of his black shirt and looked him straight in the eye. 

"Look," she told him sternly. "All my life I have been dreaming to get out of this tower and see the Miraculous Flight, but I'm terrified of what's out there and I know that I'll most likely be chopped up within 5 minutes because I have little experience with different creatures. That's why I need someone to take me, and it might as well be you. I will not continue to sit in this tower wasting my life away when there is a whole world of adventure and excitement waiting for me."

She took a shaky deep breath, then continued, "All I want you to do is take me to see the Miraculous Flight, and bring me back to my tower in one piece, that's it. I promise you I'll give your bag back if you do just this small favor for me. Please."

Chat Noir groaned. Apparently whatever he said would not change her mind. If he refused to escort Marinette, she wouldn't give him his bag. And if Chat didn't return to Hawk-Boss with the crown, things would definitely get messy. 

Hawk-Boss was one big headache Chat Noir didn't want to deal with. 

"Fine," he grumbled. "I'll take you to see the stupid butterflies."

"REALLY?!" Marinette squealed. 

"Yeah, sure. Now can you please get me out of this? Why the heck did you use your hair to tie me down?"

"Sorry, I didn't exactly have rope," answered Marinette as she began to loosen her hair from around him. 

A few hairy minutes later, Chat Noir was finally able to stretch him arms and shake himself from remaining strands around him. He rose from the chair and said, "Y'know, whether you like it or not I'll still need my weapons from my bag. Cause you know," he coughed, "gotta defend ourselves from monsters and such, right?"

Marinette smiled and replied, "Don't worry. We'll take my weapons."

Chat bursted into a fit of laughter. "Says the girl who thinks bakings utensils are reliable weapons."

"But I was right, wasn't I?" Marinette smirked.

"Yeah, sure.." Chat Noir began, but was interrupted from a series of rapid pecking on his head. "What the--"

"Oh, Tikki!" exclaimed Marinette. She held out her finger while saying to the bright red bird, "Don't worry, he's okay! He's going to take me to see the Flight."

After giving Chat Noir a final peck, Tikki flew from his head onto Marinette's finger with a chirp.

"Some friend you got there," mumbled Chat Noir sarcastically as he rubbed his head.

Marinette chuckled. "She'll be friendly to you, as long as you behave yourself."

Chat snorted. 

After Marinette retrieved a few items; a spoon, fork, a broken plate, and string...

"What the heck are you going to do with those? Fight a rabbit or something?" asked Chat Noir in total unbelief. 

"They'll be useful, trust me," replied Marinette. She placed all her "weapons" in her own personal pink bag and slung it over her shoulder. "Okay, let's go!"

The pair made their way to the window. Marinette looped the end of her hair to the hook atop her window, and let the rest of it hang down outside the tower. "You climb down first," she told Chat. 

When Chat Noir slid down and reached the ground with ease, Marinette swooped down next, holding her hair tightly. Before she herself reached the ground however, she became hesitant. "Chat Noir!" she screamed with sudden fear.

"What?" answered Chat tiredly.

"Pull me back up!"

"What?"

"I said PULL ME BACK UP!"

"I can't. You're almost to the ground anyway."

Before she could yell to Chat Noir to somehow immediately lift her back into her tower, her cozy yet safe tower where she baked and sewed and painted to her heart's content and never had to fear of any wild beasts or aliens and could sleep and sing as much as she wanted, she landed to the ground with a thud..her eyes tightly shut. 

Grass. 

 That was the first thing Marinette saw before her when she opened her eyes. Though she was already on the ground, she reached forward with a shaky hand and gently touched the grass in front of her...which somehow magically felt like a beautifully soft carpet. She loved it when it's fresh smell reached her nosed. She rolled over on her back and looked toward the sun, embracing it's warmth and feeling it reach down to her very bones. Marinette rose and raced toward the river, her heart beating excitedly against her chest. 

She jumped in without warning. The water was clear, fresh, and cold, shocking her nerves for only a split second. Marinette eagerly bent forward, cupped her hands together, and dipped them into the water before splashing her face with a smile. 

The fresh air, the greener than green grass, the sun, the sky, the trees, the flowers, and the sweet birds singing in the treetops as if congratulating her for finally being bold enough to leave her tower....

She loved this. She loved ALL of it. 

Soon, she was racing and jumping and prancing like a wild pony while squealing, "OhmygoodnessthisisthebestdayofmylifeI'mnevereverevergoingbackthisisAMAZINGGGGGGG!!!!!"

Chat Noir, who had been leaning casually against the tower walls while watching Marinette react to the outside world, yawned and asked, "You done yet?"

"Done with what?" asked Marinette, out of breath from running so hard. 

Chat rolled his eyes. "Your little performance."

"Oh yeah, I guess so. I'm just so happy! I feel like bursting into a million little sparkles..."

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. Let's just get to those butterflies," said Chat Noir, giving Marinette a formal, yet sarcastic wave toward the path leading into the deeper part of the woods and away from the tower. "Shall we, m'lady?"

Marinette gave him a glare before following him, not before glancing back at her tower one last time. 

*Author's Note*

Annnnnnnd the journey begins! Thanks so much for reading :-) <3 Please don't forget to vote and/or comment. I would especially love to receive feedback on what improvements this story needs XD And if you have any ideas on what I should write for the upcoming chaps, please feel free to PM me

That's all for now....byeeeeee!!!