Chapter 7

BANG! BANG! BANG!

  Marinette had suddenly awaken to the sounds of violent banging on her door. Her heart racing, she wrapped the thin blue blanket she was sleeping with around her shaking body and hurried to answer the door. Before she opened it, however, a group of unfamiliar men dressed in elaborate black and red armor barged in, lead by Commander Plagg...and the man who had grabbed Chat Noir's arm the night before in the dining area. 

Marinette jumped in surprise and backed as far away from them as possible...her face pale. "Who...who are you? And what right do you have to barge into my room like this?" she asked them, wishing she had spoken with more courage.

Plagg and his men paid no attention to her, as they were more focused on furiously looking around the area, tossing around what little furniture the room contained and stomping on the mattress as if trying to feel something amidst the cotton and fabric. 

"What are you doing?" Marinette yelled. 

Once the palace guards had finished rummaging around her room in vain, Plagg turned to the mysterious man and said in an overly frustrated tone, "He's not here, Kim! You told us that he was here with a girl, but my men have searched every nook and cranny of this place and not even a single hair of this thief has been found!"

Kim lightly kicked a small pile of Marinette's overflowing hair from his shoe and replied, "I'm not a liar, sir, and for clarity, you should ask the girl yourself."

With a huff, Commander Plagg advanced toward Marinette until he had her backed up against a wall. Keeping a considerable distance between them, he said to Marinette, "Alright, child, listen. I don't have all night and I have more important things to deal with right now, so just answer my questions nice and simple so we can get this over with, 'kay?"

 Marinette raised her chin stubbornly. "If you expect me to tell you where Chat Noir is, then forget it. I need him."

"Need him?" Plagg scoffed. "For what?"

"To escort me to witness the Miraculous Flight."

Plagg stared at Marinette in disbelief, then asked, "Sweetheart, you do realize that you have a dangerous criminal and potential murderer as your so-called 'escort', don't you?"

Rolling her eyes, Marinette replied, "Of course I do, but I don't have any other candidates at the moment, so making him take me is my only option."

Commander Plagg shook his head in bewilderment; he could hardly believe what he was hearing.  

"Hey guys, miss me?"

Everyone in the room immediately turned and discovered Chat Noir casually leaning against the door's entrance with folded arms and his famous smirk on his face. 

"So, we have finally found you at last, Chat Noir!" Plagg exclaimed. His men pulled their swords from their sheaths and prepared to strike. 

Chat shrugged. "Technically, I'm the one who found you guys. And by the way, don't you know it's bad manners to force your way into a lady's room?"

"Desperate times call for desperate measures," replied Plagg bluntly. "But it doesn't matter, because we're finally being rewarded for all of our sleepless nights and restless days of hunting you down, and we now have you in our grasp at last."

"Do you really though?"

   Instead of replying to Chat Noir's snide remark, Plagg ordered his men to immediately detain the masked young man. They charged at once, but Chat successively avoided their attacks and was able to fight back despite not having a weapon. When a soldier attempted to strike, Chat Noir cleverly swiped his foot to the man's legs, knocking him flat on his back and taking his sword when the soldier was caught off guard.