Chapter 22

(A/N);

Hey guyssssss, I'm back *cheeky grin* Did'ya miss me?

Finally had time this weekend to write! WHOOHOO!! XD

Dedicated to @MadameMarichat. Thanks a bunch for you're endless comments. Even tho I can't really respond to all of them I love reading every single one. <3

Anyways, on with the story! Hope u enjoy <3 :-)

    "Hush, child," shushed Befana, as she repeatedly patted baby Marinette's back as she paced back and forth holding her in her arms. "It's alright, don't fret."

Marinette's crying had stopped, and had reduced to shy and anxious whimpers. Though she only wished for her mother's touch, Befana's gentle hands were still soothing. 

Befana continued to pace back and forth in the tower's kitchen to keep Marinette from crying,  while her master stood a few feet away, observing them. 

"I knew you would be perfect for this task," he said with an approving smile, stroking his chin. 

"Master," asked Befana, "Do you permit me to ask a question?"

He nodded, signalling her to go ahead. 

"With all due respect, we are a small band of criminals, capable of retrieving the worlds most finest jewels and goods. And in all of my time being part of the gang, I have never witnessed any of us harming the lives of innocent children or participate in kidnapping. But now..." she paused, resting her gaze on Marinette, who had finally drifted to sleep. She then looked up to face her Master. 

"Why sir? Why now?"

"Because this child in particular is very special to us, most importantly to me," he answered. "She is the key that will enable me to have complete dominance over this kingdom."

"Dominance over the kingdom? As in to become King?'

"Precisely. You see, when the Queen consumed the Lucky Charm flower before giving birth, it gave the child the same special abilities of the flower, thus making her the new Lucky Charm. I have been doing research and have come up with multiple theories regarding her powers, and one being that as she ages, her powers grow stronger. With that being said," he concluded with a victorious smile, as if he had already won the battle he never faced, "You will keep her in this tower and raise her until she is at least 20, and afterwards I will give her back to her parents in return for the entire kingdom."

Befana gasped. "Would the king and queen really give up their kingdom for their daughter?"

The mysterious man chuckled. "Of course. I have no doubt in my mind that their precious daughter, who possesses healing abilities, is more valuable to them than their kingdom. And if that isn't the case," he said, thoughtfully fiddling with a dagger in his hands, "then we kill her."

"Master, you don't honestly mean that you'll kill this innocent child if her parents refuse to give up their throne in order to have her back! Isn't there another way?" Befana asked desperately, "Can't we give the baby back to her parents and maybe afterwards raid the castle--"