Chapter 2

Chat Noir sat on a rooftop with a bored expression on his face as he watched a couple on a nearby balcony repeat overly cheesy love expressions to each other while grasping each other's hands. He finally turned away in disgust when the couple decided to smooch. 

There were only two rules this kitty lived by: Do whatever it takes to survive and don't fall in love. 

Even if surviving meant being apart of the most wanted criminal gang, in the entire Ladybug kingdom. 

He would rather live through the excitement of being chased around the kingdom, sneaking and robbing houses, being respected by his gang members, kick butt and live life to the fullest than being cold and hungry on the street like a stray cat. 

He could do whatever he wanted, however he wanted, and whenever he wanted without following any rules that shackled his feet from true freedom, which was, in his opinion, freely robbing houses and leaping from rooftop to rooftop. Long as he didn't do anything to disappoint the leader of the gang, his life was complete perfection. 

His best bud Nino, who was also part of the Acuma gang, often joked that Chat Noir could win every girl's heart in the kingdom if he wanted to. But as always, Chat Noir shrugged it off and told him the whole concept of "love" was the most stupidest thing he ever heard in his life.

If love wasn't going to fill his stomach or make him rich, then he didn't want any part of it at all. Granted, there was a time in his life when he had a family, a home. 

But that was in the past, and that's where it will always stay. He was mostly focused on who he was now, as Chat Noir...the stealthy and deadly young man who hid his identity behind a cat-shaped leather mask and could slice a throat without a care in the world. 

Besides, falling in love is a compete waste of his time. 

As he remained on the rooftop twirling his staff absentmindedly, Nino suddenly swung himself up next to him. The pair fist-bumped before Nino pulled out a piece of paper. 

"Message from Hawk-Boss." he told him.

Chat Noir nodded and accepted the piece of paper from Nino. He unfolded it and began to read. 

You have a new mission:

You must break into the Royal Castle and retrieve the crown of the Lost Ladybug princess... we can profit from the jewels and expand our weaponry. 

DON'T disappoint me. 

Chat Noir refolded the paper with a smirk. "Hawk-Boss is really tryna give me a challenge, isn't he?"

Nino shrugged with an all-knowing smile. "Everyone knows your the best out of the entire Acuma gang, bro, so I don't know why you're so surprised."

"I'm not surprised...I'm disappointed."

Nino cocked his head. "Why?"

"Seriously, Nino? Steal some stupid crown? Why couldn't he tell me to kill the king or something?"

"You're really giving me the creeps, dude. You're such a daredevil," laughed Nino. 

Chat Noir grinned, his eyes flashing with danger. "One of the best."

Later that night, the two boys stealthy sneaked their way past the many security guards guarding the castle, and leaped over more walls and roofs than they could possibly count without being spotted. Their black outfits and soundproof boots were the ideal tools for some quick royal robbery. They had scouted this area many times before, so they knew what each and every nook and cranny the castle contained...not to mention how many guards were at each entrance and so on.